AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,
I am looking for projector, its a first buy. But i really need it in budget in $500 USD.
I searched few in Amazon and got few names, but still cant decide which is good one.

1. Acer 5380BD found at Amazon $429.

2. Optoma H181X found at Amazon for $487

3. Benq MW526 found at for $389

4. Optoma W316 found at for $495

These all projectors says they are 720p, 3D ready, I would really appreciate guys if you guys can give your views on them.
I am planning to add projector at about 12feet from my wall.

Thank all.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Optoma H181X

Or find another $150 and get the Benq W1070

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
$50 over budget but this is a steal. It's a refurb, but has a 2 year Epson warranty.
Ive checked it. but that cant be shipped to India. I am purchasing from Amazon Global. So warranty may be out of the question. Thats why ive been asking, which brand is more reliable.

Finally i need to choose from Acer 5380bd or Optoma H181x. Which one is good guys? on both brand and quality. I didnt find any reviews for H181x.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
The Acer, placed 12 feet from your screen will give you a size range of 98" to 107"

The Optoma will give you give a size range of 92" to 111"

Optoma has two HDMI ports.

Optoma is one of the largest sellers of projectors in the US.
Acer is typically not even mentioned in regular discussions.

You will probably get equivalent quality and results from either, I just haven't ever dealt with Acer or heard of anyone who has.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
The BenQ MH630 is 1080p and in your budget.

At 12 feet, the screen size range is 110" to 144" so you could mount it closer to the screen if this is something you need.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts