AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I frequently stroll through craigslist in search of a proper amp to drive my MiniMarty, but the other day I came across an old NHT SW2P with the MA-1A amp. The subwoofer had "rattling" noises and the amplifier had a broken volume knob. I paid 30 dollars for it, took it home...fixed the amp...found the rattle in the box and off I go. The box is a 16-inch cube in nearly perfect condition (external dimensions) no bracing on the inside. port diameter is 3-inches and 10 inches long...flared at both ends. Tube length is easily adjustable as it is a plastic flare on each end with pretty much a cardboard tube in-between. Id like to find a replacement driver for it if something nicer could be found at a reasonable price keeping in mind I would use the amp that came with it which I believe is 80W RMS at 8Ohm and 120 at 4. It has a piano gloss finish and I would like to gift it to my brother to replace is 8inch sub that came with the Energy Take Classic set which would match nicely being a piano gloss set. I plan to glue up some foam on the walls and add a cross brace inside. Any suggestions from the DIY community on a 10inch driver to supply some decent output at a reasonable price (under 100)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So far I came up with an internal volume of 1.76 cubic feet and a tune currently of 30hz...I would probably leave the tune around there or if I can find an elbow piece and some tube at a home improvement store I could add 5 inches to the length to bring it down towards 25hz...Not sure if this is possible on a 100 dollar total budget but I will be damned if I don't try haha

1 - 2 of 2 Posts