AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Manufacturers like to make things difficult to understand when it comes to power... I don't really need any thrills like airplay and 4hdmi should be fine. I had originally settled on the yamaha v375. My budget is less than $300 because this is a large project. New TV, stand, PS4, speakers, receiver. I realize the 375 @ 85watts (2-channel), 130 dynamic @6ohms, is underpowered. But how underpowered? I can't drop a grand on a receiver... recommendations?

http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio-visual/av-receivers-amps/rx/rx-v375_black_u/?mode=model
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/ephox/StaticFiles/PUSA/Files/Home/SP-PK52FS%20SingleSheet.pdf

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
How much are planning on spending on the speakers and sub?

What are your listening preferences?

Room size, layout and viewing distance?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts

The receiver you are looking at is not "underpowered."  It takes a doubling of power to get just 3dB more, which is an easily audible difference, but not exactly dramatic.  Given the power handling of your selected speakers, you are not going to be out much with that receiver.  Most likely, if it will not drive the speakers loud enough for you, you will need different speakers anyway, unless you only want a tiny increase in volume from what you can get with that receiver.

·
Registered
7,480 Posts
Any AVR will get the job done for you. Just pick what you can afford and which features you want and will use.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
New house closing next week. Room itself is not large but is very open plan.

For reference my current setup is an old sony trinitron 34" HD tube with a samsung 1000w htib (unpowered sub). This setup was fine for a senior in college and 8 years later, married with a kid there's finally a little extra money and an entry level system should be a huge upgrade. I figure the speakers should be good for a while, while receivers are more susceptible to technology upgrades. I plan on either a psw505 or bic f12 for the sub over the pioneer sub.

Thinking vizio m series 55" for the tv.

Probably 70% movies, 30% music. Country and hip hop.

·
Registered
169 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacc Attack  /t/1521732/budget-receiver-for-pioneer-andrew-jones-5-0#post_24460139

New house closing next week. Room itself is not large but is very open plan.

For reference my current setup is an old sony trinitron 34" HD tube with a samsung 1000w htib (unpowered sub). This setup was fine for a senior in college and 8 years later, married with a kid there's finally a little extra money and an entry level system should be a huge upgrade. I figure the speakers should be good for a while, while receivers are more susceptible to technology upgrades. I plan on either a psw505 or bic f12 for the sub over the pioneer sub.

Thinking vizio m series 55" for the tv.

Probably 70% movies, 30% music. Country and hip hop.

What is your budget for a tv?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting82465  /t/1521732/budget-receiver-for-pioneer-andrew-jones-5-0#post_24460167

What is your budget for a tv?

$1k give or take. I'd spend up to 1.5k if it's the right tv. Not wanting over $2k for a 55"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts