AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am new to the world of surround. I have it setup upstairs and it a ROYAL pain. 3 remotes. However, it is barely used outside of football or my wife listening to radio.

So, now in the basement I am looking for a 5.1 setup that has HDMI switching and component inputs with minimal loss (on component) to PQ.

I plan on hooking up xbox (component), dvr - hdmi/component, ps2, ps3, wii, and maybe a nintendo 64 for the hell of it.

The 700ish series onkyo supposedly does switching. Is this the best bet for budget recievers? I bought a 5.1 onkyo set for my upstairs and the speaker sound quality was god awful. Replaced with some Energy speakers, and it was a great improvement, but there still is a very small amount of equalizer settings (if you can call it that) on my receiver.

Will it be the same?

·
Registered
2,421 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by in-mn /forum/post/0

Around 300-400. I would like to buy some decent speakers as well. But if i have to pay $75 to have Eq settings other than Bass and Trebel..

Pioneer 1020

Pioneer 920

Denon 2310

Denon 1911

Denon 591

Yamaha 765

Yamaha 667

...all good options in your price range.

Do you need/want 3D support? Internet radio? iDevice integration? Pre-outs for an external amplifier? etc etc...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts