AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been over 30 years the last time I had to chose a receiver and speakers. A lot easer back then and have not had one in 25 years! Looking at getting a Yamaha RX-v673 or 773 and need to get speakers for this. Looking at Klipsch HD 500 or something around $500 retail and adding a Klipsch D12 sub later when money is right! The thing is I need one that will have good CLEAR voice as listing to Rush Limbaugh talk radio during the day is my prime entertainment. What are some suggestions on speakers for this as well as movies and music?

·
Premium Member
7,783 Posts
Do you like horn tweeters? I think clarity of dialog is a definite strong suit for Klipsch speakers. They're also great for movies. Not everyone likes horns (I'm kind of in this camp) so you should listen before buying. I've listed some other speakers within your budget below.

Ascend Acoustics CBM-170SE $348/pair

KEF Q300 $499 at accessories4less.com

Monitor Audio Bronze BX-2 $489

PSB Image B5 $450

Deftech SM45 $400

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Postrokfan, is the klipsch will work for me but is the budget 5.1 like the 500 HD or the 600 HD setup going to give me the clarity in talk radio or do I need to go with bigger speakers in the Klipsch line. Frys has the F10 floor stand $240 pair on sale now and I saw a pair of the Infinity 363 floor stand speakers on sale for about $210 for a pair. Would I be better off to get bigger speakers like on of these and add a good center to get me going, then later as money allows add a sub then some bookshelf for the rear speakers la THANKS for the responce?

·
Premium Member
7,783 Posts
Bigger speakers are going to provide more output but not necessarily better clarity for dialogue. All of the speakers I listed will provide excellent dialogue clarity. I do think the Infinity Primus 363s with the matching center would be a fantastic budget setup. Your plan to slowly piece the system is a good one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts