AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 3 Buffalo router set up with 2 ReplayTVs using Bufalos as bridges connected to my Earthlink DSL modem. That part of the system works fine - I watch shows from any ReplayTV, or copy shows to the Mac hardwired into the Buffalo acting as router. Problem is that since I replaced my Airport (B) with the Buffalo (G), my sync light on the modem indicates problems intermittantly and I lose connection to the internet. Resetting everything doesn't solve the problem. Never had any trouble with the Apple Airport (B) router. Disconnecting the Buffalo router solves the problem. Could I put the Airport back into the system between the modem and the buffalo? I thought I'd wire it this way: Modem to Airport WAN input, Airport Ethernet to Buffalo WAN, leaving the Buffalo configured as it has been. Anyone see any red flags before I try it? Should the Airport act as a DHCP server to the Buffalo and the Buffalo as a DHCP server to the rest? (my RTVs and the Mac all have static IP addresses) Thanks in advance!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.