AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replaced a Linksys router with the Buffalo WBR2-G54. I will be adding a second as a bridge in the near future for an additional RTV. Everything went well with the installation with one exception. I am unable to access DVA's web interface from the internet. I can get to it fine from within the lan. I set up Address translation on the buffalo using my external IP address for the WAN side IP and TCPPort: !!!! to match my DVA port setting in the protocol area. On the LAN IP I entered the IP address of the PC running DVA and used the same port number as earlier for the LAN Port Number. Still no luck. I even tried to turn off the XP firewall. No change

I did pretty much the same thing to set up IVS (different port number) and it worked.

What am I missing?

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jgmace
I just replaced a Linksys router with the Buffalo WBR2-G54. I will be adding a second as a bridge in the near future for an additional RTV. Everything went well with the installation with one exception. I am unable to access DVA's web interface from the internet. I can get to it fine from within the lan. I set up Address translation on the buffalo using my external IP address for the WAN side IP and TCPPort: !!!! to match my DVA port setting in the protocol area. On the LAN IP I entered the IP address of the PC running DVA and used the same port number as earlier for the LAN Port Number. Still no luck. I even tried to turn off the XP firewall. No change

I did pretty much the same thing to set up IVS (different port number) and it worked.

What am I missing?
If you are not actually testing from a PC outside your LAN, but are just trying to use the WAN IP from the LAN, this fails because the Buffalo doesn't have loopback whereas the Linksys did. Please see my reply to your post at the DVA forums for more details.

BTW, you don't have to enter your external IP address for the WAN side IP field in the Address Translation table. Leave it blank and the router will handl that automatically. You just need to put in LAN IP, internal/external port, and protocol.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Again J.M.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tried to access from outside the network and still can not get to DVA. Any suggestions?

I just retried and all is well, no problem with getting to the web server.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.