AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like Buffy is going to run 8 minutes long on Tuesday, my Replay doesn't show that, so I will have to extend Roswell 10 minutes to catch both shows.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Tribune has updated the guide data (it's correct on my Tivo), so Replay should have the same info. I think Replay doesn't update changes until the night before, right?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Yowza! thanks for the heads up! It looks like Buffy should record the full 70 minutes, but I would miss my normal 9pm schedule. I'll have to set a VCR to make up for that.

Again, thanks....

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
And as I occasionally point out here, you will have a better chance of catching these types of problems by occasionally frequenting this forum . Sure, it's part of the Tivo side of this site, but most of the "alerts" probably affect Replay owners, too.

·
Registered
535 Posts
The channel guide shows updated on myreplayTV.com. I didn't check my showstopper at home, but the guide data is right, so I assume it should be at home too.

·
Registered
71 Posts
My replay was gonna recorded Buffy @ 8, and Smallville @ 9 while my VCR taped NYPD Blue. (Thank goodness 24 is gonna be reshown on FX) but now I am screwed.

Better start calling friends.

Loren

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Do you have any way of watching the first 10 minutes of NYPD Blue live?

·
Registered
535 Posts
Wont the replay just NOT record NYPD because something else is being recorded? It won't pick up at 10 minutes after and kick in with NYPD blue unless it is done manually.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
This morning's guide update picked up the change in Buffy's length. But it still claims that Roswell will end at 10pm. What I read on Usenet is that Roswell is going to be its normal hour length, so it won't end until about 10:08. So anyone recording it will need to pad the end.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by NJChris
Wont the replay just NOT record NYPD because something else is being recorded? It won't pick up at 10 minutes after and kick in with NYPD blue unless it is done manually.
I thought that part was obvious! :)

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:
Originally posted by barmar
This morning's guide update picked up the change in Buffy's length. But it still claims that Roswell will end at 10pm. What I read on Usenet is that Roswell is going to be its normal hour length, so it won't end until about 10:08. So anyone recording it will need to pad the end.

I didn't check my Replay yet for the time change, but I went ahead and added 15 minutes to Roswell last night just to make sure.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Serra
Looks like Buffy is going to run 8 minutes long on Tuesday, my Replay doesn't show that, so I will have to extend Roswell 10 minutes to catch both shows.
Gee, I sure wish I'd read this before recording the show. My unit didn't dial in last night because it was recording (I sure wish they'd put some intelligence in that dial-in procedure) so it didn't catch any updates. I was watching the show this evening and was quite upset when the recording quit before the show ended.

I hope they run it again sometime so I can see how it ends.

- Les Noland

·
Registered
119 Posts
Talk about annoying...does anyone have an MPG of the last 10 minutes or so? Someone should create one as a public service to replay owners everywhere ;)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by lnoland

Gee, I sure wish I'd read this before recording the show. My unit didn't dial in last night because it was recording (I sure wish they'd put some intelligence in that dial-in procedure) so it didn't catch any updates. I was watching the show this evening and was quite upset when the recording quit before the show ended.

I hope they run it again sometime so I can see how it ends.

- Les Noland
It will be shown again in a week or 2, but edited down to an hour (including commercials).

a FAN-Tastic episode, though.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I was lucky. I did not notice the change until I noticed my 80 unit still recording Roswell after 10 PM.

Sure beats the old VCR stuff that would not pick up this information.

Kudos to ReplayTV people for their heads up.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
If anyone who missed this episode wants a copy badly enough, send me a PM or email... all I ask is for you to mail me a tape, with a return envelope ready to be returned to your address with postage. I don't have blank tapes anymore. Just a couple that I use on rare occasions when I have too many conflicts!

·
Registered
99 Posts
I caught that the show was going to be extended (via this thread) and my Replay hadn't updated on Monday, so I went to my.replaytv.com and checked there.....even though it displayed the show as going past 9pm, the description said "8:00pm-9:00pm 1 hr". So to protect the show from getting cut, I went made a manual record online that would record from 8pm-9:10pm. It worked fantasticly....actually, it got a few minutes from Roswell, hope everyone whom wanted to see Roswell got it too.

I personally think this Episode was really.......odd. :eek:

Only "Tara" and "Willow" (and the last 'number' with "Dawn" was ok too) really sounded like they could sing....everyone else seemed to not be comfortable singing (or lip-syncing....whatever).

Oh, something I noticed, through most of the Episode CC worked fine (I have to use it since I wake others in the house sleep when I watch alot of my Shows)....but in the last segment (the segment that went over 9pm), All CC seemed to be stripped off. (I could jump back to a different part in the show and it worked fine again, but if I jump back to that part, it's gone again.) My question: Is this problem on UPN's side or the Replay? Will I get this problem again if I record something that goes over a channel's "standard" time slot? (I have recorded movies from Encore using manual record [with very odd times, ie: 4:05-5:40] and the CC worked fine then.)

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My unit did record Buffy and Roswell just fine, so I really didn't need the extention on Roswell. Replay really does work well for things like this. Looks like my wife's TiVo got it as well without any problems.

I did watch it delayed last night. Very good episode.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I did not even notice Buffy was longer :rolleyes: Replay recorded both Buffy (all 70 mins of it) and Roswell completly. I had even watched them (later) and never knew it was 10 mins longer until this morning when a friend ask me if I had recorded all 70 mins of Buffy! That being said, my Replay took care of the extra time with out my knowlege. Even though it was scheduled to record the show every week, it was only suppose to record for an hour. Suppose it is recording time slots instead of hours and mins. I bet it would have been different if Roswell was on a different channel though! Anyway, I needed no buffering of the time etc. Replay took care of me.

Dennis

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.