AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I've tried to use the TU-HDS20 in the last day, I keep gettting stuck on a certain channel on DirectTV. Last night it was 299, today it is 113. I can't key in any channel higher than 113 directly. And the guide doesn't work if I use the pg dn feauture -- it stays on 113. It will move though if I move one channel down at a time using the guide. This is weird.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
There does seem to be a problem with the program guide "losing" channels occasionally. In my case, it seems to stop seeing channels over 210 or so. Unplugging it and restarting it seems to fix the problem, for a while, anyway.

On Saturday, Panasonic's support told me that a software update would be available "in the next week). The update is supposed to make the menu faster (and maybe fix some other problems).

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
I've had the same problem, both when I left it off for awhile or if I left it on all the time. I haven't tried to unplug and restart, but going into the setup and let it reacuire the sat info fixes it. That's kind of a pain though, and takes about 10 minutes. Let's hope this upgrade really happens, and also that it fixes this issue.

------------------

Steve

Visit our dedicated home theater, The City Cinema.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Hey guys... quick question. You may or may not recall that I had the panny for a few months and loved it (despite the slow menu) until I started getting dropouts every few mintues. I read on this site about a month ago that Panasonic had acknowleged an interference problem that was causing the dropouts. Are you guys aware of any fixes Panasonic may have made, particularly via software.

I am currently using the sony and they seem to have solved their problems, but I still have the panny in my possesion. If the dropout problem was solved I'd consider going back to the panny because I still think it has the best PQ.

Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
At this point, there haven't been any fixes; the software is still what was originally shipped. However, they are now promising a software upgrade that is supposed to fix some problems, but the only one that they were specific about when I talked to them was the menu speed. Supposedly, this will happen this week. They also told me that there was going to be some kind of fix (that would require sending your unit in for modification) to reduce the fan noise.

·
Registered
26 Posts
lhamp,

I do not know if this situation applies, but, I had dropouts on digital sources with my panny. Then, sound on digital sources left completely, but analog sources were fine. Panny Customer Care tried to get me to do everything, move the unit away from EMI sources, unplug the unit, use different cables, etc..

Finally, they exchanged my unit with a refurb, which has been dropout free since the day it was installed.

Lee

·
Registered
20 Posts
A tech at Panasonic told me that the "patch" will also fix the dropouts. He said that the patch will come at 3 AM some time this month... I think he said the version should be 7.3.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I fixed the guide problem. I can't really unplug the unit so I'm glad this worked. I went into Setup, Guide Setup and "acquired new network data". It worked again.

I'm at a loss to explain why the network location is Danbury, Ct when I live in NJ, but it doesn't seem to affect anything.

Y'know...the picture is good on the TU-HDS20 but its a quirky, slow piece of electronics. I hope the upcoming patch helps...a lot.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I noticed this too.

Now I leave the unit off except when I want to use it (started doing this because of the fan). Since I started leaving it off I haven't seen the problem.

--Rick

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
How about another TUHDS20 oddity? If my unit if OFF, none of the three pc's in my house can log (via dial up) onto my ISP. When I turn it ON, they will all connect ever time. How long do you think it took me to figure that connection? Unfortunatly, my ISP had gotten a few ear fulls of me before I figured out the cause.

------------------

Greg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Can someone please explain how new software is transmitted to the unit? I use my TU-HDS20 only for over the air reception. I don't use it for DirecTv. Are software updates transmitted over the satellite and therefore not available to me?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.