Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trilite
What build date for the Sony 34HS420 should I get? Which build dates should I avoid?

Thanks.
Are you referring to US made vs. those made elsewhere?

I know CrocHunter and I have models made in the US. I believe he got his in Oct. '04 - I got mine in early May '05. I guess I got lucky because I didn't know about this issue at the time.

There does appear to be a clear difference in PQ depending on where they're made. I have no idea why as factories build according to specs and one would assume from the same materials.

Maybe you have to get the store to let you look at the back panel of the set - there's a "badge" affixed to the back indicating where it's made. I doubt there's any other way to know for sure.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your 34HS420 is made in the U.S.? Where did you buy it from?

You actually compared the PQ of the US made one to the others and saw a difference?

It seems that all the 34HS420s here in Canada are made in Mexico. We always get the short end of the stick.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Where is this tag? The way I have my tv in a cabinet and it is hard to get a clear view of the back of it. Looking at it from the rear, would it be to the left or right?

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Looking at the set from the back, the tag is on the left side between the inputs/outputs and the UL Sticker.

I have to admit, the difference in PQ is probably somewhat intangible. All can say is that, having looked & monkeyed with both, I perceive an overall improvement in PQ and builde quality in those made in the US.

Maybe CrocHunter can chime in here with his observations?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.