AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of building a HT 7.1 system, how would I go about wiring up my 2 back speakers for MONO? Everything else is to be stereo but from what I've been reading, the 2 back speakers in 7.1 need to be wired for MONO.

I know its a stupid question, but hell...I don't know how to do it!

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
31,174 Posts
The 2 rear speakers (behind you) will play dual-mono or real stereo signals depending on the processing/decoding used. Just hook up each of the 7 speakers to their respective connections on your receiver and you're done. Make sure your speakers are laid out properly for 7.1 set-up (see attached diagram).

Good Luck,

Sanjay

·
Registered
4,155 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeblast /forum/post/0

so a mono signal is sent by the receiver and not done by the speakers?

Yes - if you choose a mono rear mode like DD - EX or DTS - ES. But why bother? Why not choose Dobly PL IIx and get stereo?

Ed

·
Registered
3,069 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeblast /forum/post/0

I'm in the process of building a HT 7.1 system, how would I go about wiring up my 2 back speakers for MONO? Everything else is to be stereo but from what I've been reading, the 2 back speakers in 7.1 need to be wired for MONO.

I know its a stupid question, but hell...I don't know how to do it!

Thanks in advance!

What have you been reading that you got that impression? Perhaps you misunderstood what was being said?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.