AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Well, I have been reading as much as I can and I am about to make a decision.  I just want to make sure I don't do something stupid.  Originally, I was going to go with stretchyscreens.com, then I read on here how it's easy to do on your own and it gives you more flexibility.  So I think I will go with that.  Currently my screen is a pull-down front projection screen that's 50" by 50".  The size works well although I will probably go wide screen now.  Here is what I am looking at.

My frame will be a photography backdrop that could go 10' by 10', although I'm looking for something smaller.  I need it to be rear projection.  My current projector is an Epson EX3220.  I want to upgrade soon to a short throw, but for now this is what I have.

My question is about material.  I see that milliskin/moleskin is the best option to purchase. 

What type of material would be best for this rear projection/stage setup?  Silver or white?  Moleskin or milliskin?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Moleskin is thicker so milliskin would be the best option. I don't have any experience with rear projection, though, so I don't know if there are any drawbacks to using spandex, but I think it should be fine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts