AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently am running a SD HTPC. Windows media center. It is old tech, which forces me to upgrade. I have seen lots of suggestion on building a HD HTPC but my equipment (TV is not there yet, my TV is square). So I am wanting to build a SD HTPC with the capability to expand to HD+blu-ray in the near future. This is not going to be used for gaming. I use it for music, SD DVD's and DVR functionality.

Things I can reuse:

Hauppage 150 MCE

2 X 1.5 TB sata drives.

What I want:

typical SD HTPC and later on buy a blu-ray drive, and a HD pvr. I would love both Hdmi and composite/svideo on board.

My op system

Vista ultimate (I already own it).

I know people ask these type of questions all the time but most talk about strictly an HD/gaming setup. I need a SD output until I upgrade my TV.

I have everything picked out except video card, mobo, cpu and ram (because mobo's seem to be so picky about ram). I have to have a microatx because I picked out the Sugo case.

Thanks

·
Registered
77 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVAddikt /forum/post/15426078

I currently am running a SD HTPC. Windows media center. It is old tech, which forces me to upgrade. I have seen lots of suggestion on building a HD HTPC but my equipment (TV is not there yet, my TV is square). So I am wanting to build a SD HTPC with the capability to expand to HD+blu-ray in the near future. This is not going to be used for gaming. I use it for music, SD DVD's and DVR functionality.

Things I can reuse:

Hauppage 150 MCE

2 X 1.5 TB sata drives.

What I want:

typical SD HTPC and later on buy a blu-ray drive, and a HD pvr. I would love both Hdmi and composite/svideo on board.

My op system

Vista ultimate (I already own it).

I know people ask these type of questions all the time but most talk about strictly an HD/gaming setup. I need a SD output until I upgrade my TV.

I have everything picked out except video card, mobo, cpu and ram (because mobo's seem to be so picky about ram). I have to have a microatx because I picked out the Sugo case.

Thanks
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814102799

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.