AVS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i have tried to find an amp for this driver: "PEERLESS STW-350 15" SUBWOOFER. "

This sub is a beast and is rated at 3500 watts RMS and peaks at 5000 w, it also have a massive voice which is 7,4" and looks like the SVS sub. When i get it i will make a box just like the SVS PB16 ultra.

BUT, i need some power, it is 8+8 ohms and i will wire it to 4 ohms. i have looked at many amp(mostly PA amps) but it is so hard to find an amp which is cheap or quite cheap that can run this sub driver.
BUDGET UPTO: $600-700 and under of course.

So i really hope you have some ideas for amps that can light up this beast without any problem.

Have a nice day!:)

Attachments

·
Registered
11,862 Posts
All the good amps are expensive.

You may be able to find a used iTech 4k on ebay, but still won't be going for $700, and it could be hard to find one willing to ship to denmark.

Powersoft, iTech and Grupen PLM's have universal power supplies that will work overseas.
Powersoft is from Europe actually.

The only other amps that are that powerful are the SpeakerPower, CC-5500, or a FP clone. You'll still have to get the correct voltage.

All the other amps will be too weak, the inukes will be barely enough.

Ported subs require a HPF, which means buying a DSP internally or externally.

5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All the good amps are expensive.

You may be able to find a used iTech 4k on ebay, but still won't be going for $700, and it could be hard to find one willing to ship to denmark.

Powersoft, iTech and Grupen PLM's have universal power supplies that will work overseas.
Powersoft is from Europe actually.

The only other amps that are that powerful are the SpeakerPower, CC-5500, or a FP clone. You'll still have to get the correct voltage.

All the other amps will be too weak, the inukes will be barely enough.

Ported subs require a HPF, which means buying a DSP internally or externally.
I have looked at the FP14000 clone, and holy moly it looks like something God have made, and its so cheap because its a clone, i looked at a threat with a review of the amp, and it seems legit enough. Thank you so much for showing me this and help me. Have a wonderful day:)

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
I have looked at the FP14000 clone, and holy moly it looks like something God have made, and its so cheap because its a clone, i looked at a threat with a review of the amp, and it seems legit enough. Thank you so much for showing me this and help me. Have a wonderful day:)
Issues with clones:

Multiple small fans = loud physical fan noise
No warranty - rolling dice, tho apparently there are some versions with US warranty support, unsure if there's anh support available in Denmark.
Impressive peak output numbers but doesn't seem to be able to sustain that.

5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Issues with clones:

No warranty - rolling dice, tho apparently there are some versions with US warranty support, unsure if there's anh support available in Denmark.
I have heard in their newer versions of their amps, that they have improved the fans so they are more quite.

When it come to warranty, the company Sanway have a repair "thing" located in France, so if if anything happens within the 2 years of warranty, i can get i repaired, or i at least hope

But i will take your words in consideration, thank for the information:)

have a nice day!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have heard people running FP14000 clones with the STW-350, they seem very pleased with them. But bear in mind they are not silent fans.

·
Registered
10,553 Posts
Issues with clones:

The non peak output numbers are impressive as well. The better FP14Ks can do almost 5kw for 1-2 seconds then down to about 4kw. The FP20/22 can sustain 8kw until thermal.

Anyway there isn't much else in the specified budget range that can meet the power requirements. Either raise the budget or build a more efficient sub and use a cheaper amp. This driver is only worth using if you're really constrained on space.

·
Premium Member
1,169 Posts
Crown XLS2502 checks a few unique boxes.

-very quiet, fans are inaudible from a couple of feet away
-RCA inputs
-switchable 0.775V input sensitivity
-2400 watts bridged into 4 ohms

It can be found new for low/mid $500's if you look hard enough.

Down side is that it does not offer DSP other than an adjustable crossover.

Chris

·
Registered
11,862 Posts
It's all about woofing air, not woofing watts.
You need both a big cone and a cone that moves far.

There are a lot bigger cones than a 15, say the 24's, and the 24's also have more excursion than that 15 too.
Shipping could be prohibitive to the other side of the sphere though and rate conversion + import fees + taxes...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Not this driver. You're not going to accidentally or intentionally bottom this out no matter how hard you try, even in free air. I see no need to put a subsonic filter on modern high-excursion drivers, especially those that can't bottom out.

...Ported subs require a HPF, which means buying a DSP internally or externally.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Not this driver. You're not going to accidentally or intentionally bottom this out no matter how hard you try, even in free air. I see no need to put a subsonic filter on modern high-excursion drivers, especially those that can't bottom out.
Oh, clearly you haven't met BTH. BTH, Robocam. Robocam, BTH. BTH is the poster child for doing what others say can't happen.. :D

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Subsonic filters come in handy with these bottomless drivers to prevent distortion. When we drive them hard under tune (still not recommended) it’s good to chop off over excursion if able.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts