AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I'm in the process of building out a basement room (14x23x8) as a dedicated HT and although a projector isn't currently in the plans, I'd like to prepare for it before the insulation and sheet rock go up. The electricians have wired power to the proper spot and I'm prepared to route some additional cables to the area.

I'd appreciate any/all thoughts on what wires I should run to the spot for a digital projector in a few years. I have no experience with projectors but am relatively comfortable with HT in general.

Thanks in advance.

Jim

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I'd put in two sets of component cables, probably because I can envision 1 running one component output (either direct or switched) in addition to running VGA over component. If you end up with a projector with 2 sets on component, all the better, otherwise you could easily stick in a component to VGA dongle to use the VGA port on the projector.

DVI looks like it has a future for digital displays as well, of course, so I second the DVI cable run.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses. CablestoGo seems to be mentioned quite a bit in this area as a supplier of quality cables for A/V. Any thoughts or others that you recommend for someone that would like to get "good" quality?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.