AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im comitted to buying a hs10 now. Have it on hold for me.

Just enquiring about how to attach it to my roof. I know htere is a mount available to buy for this but I want to make a my mount a makeshift hush box at the same time.

I thought of ust making a box that it sits in but there are other considerations like ventilation/heat and also, height of screen.

The vents are on the bottom of the unit so when it is inverted for roof mounting the vents will then be facing the roof. I was going to make the box with a cut out of the top corner so the unit would sit with the vents out of the box. Would this work?

Also, you are suposed to mount the pj about equal with the top of the screen i think. But my screen will not be that close to the roof. To fix this i though of using four steel shafts of some kind to secure the box at the right height. Does that make sense and seem viable.

Last thing. Im not sure of my throw distance so dont know my eventual screen size. But in the event that the room is smaller than Im hoping for, i know there is a short throw lens available. Im aiming for around 100" of screen if i can get it by the 1.5 sitting ratio. How much are the short throw lenses for this pj.

Cheers.

Remember im in Australia. So prices wont be too indicative, just gives me an idea.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Have a look at my DIY bracket in the Sony section of the projector database (see link below). My HS10 is mounted to the underside of a shelf on the back wall. If you have a small room this might also work for you. The T-piece bracket I mentioned in the parts list was purchased from PlaceMakers (you might have them in Aus as well?).

I'm also thinking about building a hush box around it using acoustic ceiling tiles and it should be quite easy to do where I've mounted it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.