AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for subs and a plate amp. I want to get a 12 but don't know what kind yet. So sub and amp suggestions would be great.

My budget is about 300-350. But I just want something with good quality that will hit in the low 20 hz range. ThAnk u

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
mj79: You might get better responses in the "DIY Speakers and Subs" forum...?!

·
The Village Idiot
9,831 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj79 /forum/post/16852644

Got it narrowed down to a few subs. Ranging from 250-350 rms. Any good plate amps in that range for around 150?

Take a look at what Parts Express has in plate amps. This one seems to get good reviews.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj79 /forum/post/16851993

Looking for subs and a plate amp. I want to get a 12 but don't know what kind yet. So sub and amp suggestions would be great.

My budget is about 300-350. But I just want something with good quality that will hit in the low 20 hz range. ThAnk u

One of the most popular 12" drivers for DIY subs is the Shiva-X. You can find it HERE

PartsExpress has great plate amp deals. I think for $150 it would be hard to beat the BASH 300w amp for $150 HERE

I would do some research into the best enclosure to build for this. I'm interested in building a sub with the exact same 2 components...but possibly the 500w BASH amp. I build cabinets every day so making one will be the easy part for me
but I need a good design first.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.