AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a samsung 50in plasma, with a polk 7200ds system, 3 tivos, 1 vcr, 4 game systesm, samsung 931 dvd

I'm moving to a new apartment, and wanted to setup like this.

the TV on the living room, behind it i have my room/office, which i wanted to make a little hole, and pass all the componeneted to it, so people only see the tv.

The questions:

how can i control all the systems using one remote, and that i can control in another room.Meaning how could i extend the infra red sensor so the remote works on the living room.?

Another question:

I want to connect everything to a NEW RECEIVER, and from the receiver to the Plasma using only 1 connection DVI.

What receiver would allow me so when switching between devices i don't have to change on different machine, but only on the receiver?

I need small, or in wall speakers: for the surround, and mid speakers, what do you recommend, for the front I'm going to use the pok 7200 speakers i have, but I also need a new SUBWOFFER, what do you guys recommend?

Is there any cheap frames/picture frames for the plasma? so my wife likes it better?

should i get a MOnster like surge protection conditioner for the system?

Will the plasma TV be supported in a DRY WALL? or do you need concrete wall to fully support it? meaning the plasma won't fall if i habg it on the wall?

·
Registered
3,947 Posts

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by mmx
Will the plasma TV be supported in a DRY WALL? or do you need concrete wall to fully support it? meaning the plasma won't fall if i habg it on the wall?
Do NOT use just dry wall screws! It'll work fine as long as you have studs inside the wall and use an appropriate wall mount. I use an articulating arm wall mount by Peerless on drywall. It anchors into the studs.

There are several other options available for mounting it on the wall.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.