AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im planning on building some 4x6ish absorbers and was going to use high density fiber glass sheets and cover them with loosly woven cloth. Any tips on how I can make these as efficent as possable? Im going to hang the first 2 on the left and right walls next to the speakers. Im going to make 4 corner absorbers as well. Later I will make more and place them accordingly on the walls. One web site sais to use 4" thick high density fiber glass. Do they even make 4" thick fiber glass? Iv never seen it. Anyways maybe he meant 2" thick and 4' wide.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
For side-wall placement, sit in your listening position and move a mirror around the wall until you see the speaker. This will help locate the first reflection point on the side walls.

Places like gik, ats, etc. sell panels in 2", 4" and sometimes even 6" thicknesses. I am not certain of their construction, but perhaps rigid fiberglass is available in 2" thickness, and they stack up the sheets or something.

Here's a really good write-up on room acoustics and acoustic treatments (both for studios and home audio rooms):
http://www.ethanwiner.com/acoustics.html

-Max

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.