AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post here.... I listen to music constantly on my system and I am extremely impressed with the quality of my new klipsch speakers.

I am here looking for some advice....

I have: 2 rf 52s, Pioneer VSX 1020K Receiver, and a HSU STF2 sub..

I have attached a pic of my room. Its small just a 10 by 10.

I have about 400 to spend on my next purchase.

Should I be looking for a center channel or rear speakers first?

Should I look into bookshelf or surround speakers for this room?

What should I do about the fact that my head has to be prty close to the back wall?

any suggestions would be very helpful. thanks

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
That is a not an ideal setup for surround sound... I would grab a pair of Quintets , and wall mount one above your sub firing across the back of the room, I would try to keep it at least 6" from the back wall though. Then place the other one on your desk in the same basic position. See how this sounds, If it dosent work then your room is just not going to cut it for surround sound.

·
Registered
20,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by free02 /forum/post/20886640

Is it going to be possible to get a 5.1 system in there or should i just order the center and call it a day.

To each their own - however, for a room that size, and your head

near that back wall - I would buy the center and enjoy it for now.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by free02 /forum/post/20886538

Thanks for the input. I feel like the quintets wouldn't give me near enough depth for music tho.. They are satellites with a frequency response that start at 120hz.

For surround usage your concerns really aren't going to matter. The best part about ordering them off Amazon is if they dont work you can return them with no hassle.

In all honesty, if your mains are set up to give you a solid center image at your listening position, you really wont even need a center.... Unless you plan on having a group of people in your bed

·
Registered
360 Posts
Hey where do you live? I have a very well cared for RC-52 that would pair very nicely with your system for $250.

Even if you don't buy mine I would go with a center first.... but buy mine!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Sure, you can add the surrounds, check my sig for my room, just a little bigger than yours. After I took that pictures I've added the bookshelf and the door, so in "free" space it's almost the same as your room, and I'm very happy with it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.