AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am in the process of building my outdoor theater so far I have a benq w1070, carls 6.75x12 flexiwhite screen and recently purchased 4 dayton audio io655b outdoor speakers and am needing a little help with the sound I do have a old magnavox av reciever I bought at a 1.00 auction to use last year but not really sure how to run the four of these speakers off of it I tried to run just left and right plus center it sounds good but not loud enough that way and have a unused speaker so any recommendations maybe a 2 channel stereo reciever any help, tips would be appreciated thanks

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi I am in the process of building my outdoor theater so far I have a benq w1070, carls 6.75x12 flexiwhite screen and recently purchased 4 dayton audio io655b outdoor speakers and am needing a little help with the sound I do have a old magnavox av reciever I bought at a 1.00 auction to use last year but not really sure how to run the four of these speakers off of it I tried to run just left and right plus center it sounds good but not loud enough that way and have a unused speaker so any recommendations maybe a 2 channel stereo reciever any help, tips would be appreciated thanks
Can you post a picture of the back of the receiver? That would make it easier to give some advice. I just run stereo for my theater. I found that the rear speakers kind of got lost when using them in the great outdoors.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Here is the back
First, be sure that your wiring is correct. Black (-) from receiver to (-) on speaker, red (+) from receiver to (+) on speaker. Reversed polarities can cause problems, Second, disconnect center speaker and set receiver to stereo and see how volume works. Third, try connecting front right & left on Speaker A and use other 2 speakers on Speaker B. That may give you enough volume. I had one set up where I had 2 front and 2 rear speakers and used stereo mode because I couldn't crank the volume due to neighbors. I used right and left front on A, and the rears on B. It worked pretty well. Now I use a 20 watt Lepai Amp (under $30 from Amazon) for stereo and I can make some neighbors on the next block really mad when I turn it up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts