AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that the very first "official" network HDTV broadcast occurred on the first day of the official rollout of HDTV in the US -- Sunday, November 1, 1998. ABC holds the honors for broadcasting the movie "101 Dalmations" in HD that evening.

I also know that there was a non-network HD broadcast a few days earlier, the John Glenn space shuttle launch (via PBS or Unity Motion?) as well as a number of experimental broadcasts by WRAL before that.

However, I'd like to try to compile a list of the first 10 network (non-local) programs broadcast in HD.

As one of the earliest adopters of HD, I remember going weeks (and what sometimes seemed like months) before the next HD broadcast. Does anyone have a listing of the programs and original air dates for HD network programs? I'd also be interested in dates for the first regularly scheduled network programs (MNF, CBS prime time) as well as the initial launch of HBO-HD.

I'm putting together an article on the HD rollout and would like to include some of this as an illustration of the steady progress made on the HD programming front.

Thanks in advance for all contributions.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.