Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's still good right?

It's been in my garage since last year. One of those loosing gambles. I've pulled her out because I finally have tubes to put in but it looked so sad and funny I had to post a pic.

Troy

·
Registered
9,398 Posts
YOU WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT IS BY FAR, THE WORST TUBE I HAVE ---EVER---SEEN!

·
Registered
9,398 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by marcorsyscom
"All lights come on. I don't have cables to test further"...

You know, if you make an inverse image of that tube face in Photoshop, you can apply a filter to even out that burn...

:)
I needed that laugh:D

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe if I leave the tubes in the sun for a while it'll bleach the burn right out.

What is scary is there is not a hint of soot or dust on the hv lines or tubes. You could look inside and think it was like new, which was also mentioned by the seller.

I know it drove a 10' wide 4:3 stewart screen because I bought it also, so I wonder just how long it took to cook that blue. I couldn't access menus to see the hours since the green tube is totally dead. It's scary what can happen to these in the wrong hands.

Troy

·
Registered
9,398 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by madclammer
Would that sort of burn show up in the projected image ?

Dunno, maybe cmjohnson knows? If he says it does, maybe he'll tell you when you can get a new tube for it.:confused:

·
Premium Member
17,319 Posts
Quote:
Would that sort of burn show up in the projected image?
Don't you mean "would the projected image show up in that sort of burn"?!

What environment was this in? The blue pattern is symmetric. Like some logo with a blue horizontal bar.

The 10' wide screen sounds worthwhile. I didn't know they made them that wide (or maybe I just quit looking when I saw the 6'-8' prices)

Care to share how much the lot cost?

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I almost broke even selling just the screen. It was a stewart electric. $1100 -$1200 or so package deal including shipping if I remember correctly.

It's a 1208/2 barcographics if you can't tell from the pics.

The burn in is a windows desktop with a background image that must be a company logo. Logo looks like T2 or something, can't tell it's all too burnt black to read.

It came on a pallet with screen, pj, and a podium. Training? Powerpoint duty for a convention? Your guess is as good as mine. If anything I bet they ran it full blast with all the lights in the room still on, and left it that way repeatedly.

Troy

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Awww..... that's nothing. If you use only ultra anamorphic content, you can still squeeze a fine picture out of the top or bottom sliver of phosphor.

Quit yer whining! LOL!

Why, my parents watched a 2 lumen projector they bought 3rd hand from a cousin thrice removed, on a bedsheet, and they were THANKFUL for it.

Marc

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I think it's looking better with these new used tubes.

Now I go find the thread that tells me which pin to jumper on the neckboards for these marquee tubes to work.

Troy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.