AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am now at 4 hours left on bulb life for my LT150. I have missed out twice on good deals on ebay. Anybody know where I can get a fair deal on a bulb for this thing? I really can't afford to spend $350 right now, but the dang theater is my only source of entertainment. Can I get another 100 hours out of the bulb safely? I need to check the manual and see what it does at 1000 hours. I'm gonna make sure my next projector gets at least 2000 hours on it's bulb. This is a rip!

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Have you considered rebuilding the lamp? I haven't used them, and some of the forum members have had trouble with the product, it might still be a viable alternative to buy one new.

www.jopprugroup.com

Victor

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
The LT150z is rated at 1500 hours and it use almost the same bulb and engine (main difference is zoom lens and economode) so I think you can push it to 1500 hours. I wil push mine until she blows. Give me a reason to upgrade. Rebuilt bulbs are hit and miss and may not be worth the trouble IMHO.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, I wouldn't mess with the rebuilt one. I wouldn't push it till it blows either, but I'm at 996 hours now and I have already ordered my bulb which will be here next week. It is safe to operate it for a few hours past 1000? Just for this weekend? Will that annoying message stay on my screen?

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I reset my bulb counter to get the message off my screen. I'm hoping to get the new bulb soon next week but don't wan't to give up playing Halo 2 or watching movies this weekend. Should I be safe operating it until next week? The manual says it shuts down after 1100 hours, but this will not happen because I reset the bulb counter. I will reset it again after I install the new bulb.

And Huey, How come you have Private messages disabled in your profile. It's a way for people here to contact you without getting your personal email address. I use it a lot here, very handy feature.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.