AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know on most front projectors the bulb life is between 2-3k hrs. I am curious as to what they are on rear projection units. I had one set I bought in 1993 and then sold to a friend 3 years ago that still works. And I have a Toshiba HDX65 that is 3yrs old and still plays fine. And I know I watch that set almost every night for 5-6 hrs. So I have to be over the bulb life limit.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipbags /forum/post/0

I know on most front projectors the bulb life is between 2-3k hrs. I am curious as to what they are on rear projection units.

The manufacturers suggest anywhere between 4000 and 8000 hours. In fact it varies with the number of on-off cycles and to some degree just the luck of the draw. Premature bulb failure was common a couple of years ago, but seems to be improving recently in all makes and models. In my JVC my first bulb failed at 2300 hours hours, but started to fade several hundred hours earlier (replaced under warrantee). It's replacement seems much better, being over 3100 now with no signs of fading. I keep a spare on hand anyway.

So in general I think a new buyer can expect 6000 or more hours.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.