AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just did a bulb swap. 2200 hours, still running, but figure on keeping the original as a spare.

Anyhow, two things.

1 how do i rest the timer?

2 my pisture is now brighter on the right side??? even when on cross hatch, it is noticably darker on the left, any ideas??

· Registered
1,901 Posts
The procedure is covered in the manual. You hold the LEFT, RIGHT and POWER buttons down simultaneously for a few seconds.

The darkening may be a light tunnel failure.

Your manual, if you don't have one, can be d/l'ed here..

http://www.projectorcentral.com/pdf/...anual_3748.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothy.c.porter /forum/post/16887625

just did a bulb swap. 2200 hours, still running, but figure on keeping the original as a spare.

Anyhow, two things.

2 my pisture is now brighter on the right side??? even when on cross hatch, it is noticably darker on the left, any ideas??

· Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what is the light tunnell, and why would it fail during a bulb replacement?

The pj was overly bright on some whites prior to swap. Bulb never failed. I just called BB and they sent me a free bulb, so i threwe it in, blew some dust out of the fan first, kept the factory original bulb, so i will have a bulb if i ever blow one and have to wait on an order.

· Registered
7,231 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothy.c.porter /forum/post/16887625

Anyhow, two things.

Is the new lamp an original Mitsubishi lamp or a 3rd part lamp?

· Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
not sure. Box is not marked. I called Best Buy, because i bought the warranty with one free bulb, and it came a few days later.

Not even sure how a bulb could throw brighter on one side. I am waiting for it to get good and dark, and i will recal it one more time.

right now it seems like the bright adjustment has less effect then it did, but could be i am looking to hard now.

but it is lightrer on one side of screen for sure.

· Registered
1,901 Posts
It would be very unusual for that problem to be caused by the lamp unless it either was NOT the right lamp for your projector or it was assembled improperly. Of course, this assumes that the lamp is either a rebuilt/refurb or an aftermarket or both.

The light tunnel is a 4 sided mirrored tunnel that is between the color wheel and the imaging chamber. It is not uncommon for this part to fail and collapse in some projectors.

Let's back up and try something. Since you have the original lamp and it still works, put it back in see if the image improves. If it does, then the lamp you got is wrong. Compare the two lamps very carefully to see if you can't spot something that is off.

If it doesn't, then we can suspect the light tunnel. As for why (if it is) it failed during lamp replacement, you said you blasted some dust in the chamber. If the light tunnel was ready to go (it's a glue joint that fails) then the blast of air, if it hit the tunnel, would have helped the failure process along.

Of course, if frank456 disagrees, you can disregard everything I've ever posted.

· Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cool, I dont want or mean to sound argumentative. I am just very mechanical minded, and want to know why and how.

thank you for you explanation. it makes more sense to me now. I will try the old bulb in the am, give pj time to cool off. if it is same, i will take a look inside.

· Registered
1,901 Posts
No, you weren't. It's fine. Let us know what you find.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothy.c.porter /forum/post/16888611

cool, I dont want or mean to sound argumentative. I am just very mechanical minded, and want to know why and how.

thank you for you explanation. it makes more sense to me now. I will try the old bulb in the am, give pj time to cool off. if it is same, i will take a look inside.

· Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
found it. the alignment holes were to tight from the coating. so they were holding the bulb up just a tad. I used a bit to clean the holes, and it sat down were it should be and seems to be ok.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.