AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,I would like to know if anyone can piont me in the right direction,I would like to get a replacement lamp for my projecter,it's a Sharp XV-ZW99U.I really have no idea where to find a replacement.Any info,help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thank you,Jim

·
Registered
2 Posts
I too find myself in need of a replacement bulb. My model is an aging Boxlight 4801. I've yet to take it apart and look for some markings on the bulb assembly. My idea is to find an inexpensive replacement part somewhere on the Internet (as opposed to buying one direct from Boxlight, probably at a relatively high price).

Dunno if that's a possible or a good strategy. Comments?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by abigpicture:
buy the lamp from Boxlight...your not going to find any great savings even if you found another lamp to fit it....which is unlikely....]

John
Point made. But, please, educate me further. Say I go another 1200 hours down the road and Boxlight as a company doesn't exist, hypothetically.

It seems likely that the installed base could be SOL, in the likely event that some other mfg has no compatible replacement part.

Which begs the question, "Why are these projectors being designed to use non-standard, single-source bulb assemblies?" Is it a profit motive for recurring revenue?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.