AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ready to order a new bulb for my projector to keep as a spare since I'm nearing 2000 hours on mine. Is there any downside to waiting until it goes back to replace it? Anyways I guess I'm just paranoid about the bulb getting damaged in shipping and me not seeing it until it's too late since I may not be installing it for a while. Is there anyway looking at it to make sure it's good? Is there anything else I should order to replace when I get the bulb? I've read something about a filter. Do I replace that or just clean it? Any ideas on where I can get it and what it is? Thanks.

----------------

Now playing: Sugarland - All I Want to Do

via FoxyTunes

·
Banned
2,406 Posts
Bulbs "usually" come shipped double boxed and It's almost imposible for it to arrived damaged. The outside box would have to be completely crushed for any damage to occur to the Lamp box. Also, the filter usually comes with the lamp. I just ordered a lamp from the AVS store from Jason and they had the best price by far and quick shipping, and it was packaged very well.

·
Registered
785 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hometheaterman /forum/post/14283144

I'm getting ready to order a new bulb for my projector to keep as a spare since I'm nearing 2000 hours on mine. Is there any downside to waiting until it goes back to replace it?...]

It's probably best to install the new lamp and retire the old when the new one comes in. Usually you get a 90-day window on the new one so if it goes bad in that time you can get a replacement. Pack up the old one in the new lamp's box and write the number of hours it has and date replaced so you have that info when the time comes, if ever, to using it again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts