AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a Ruby today the Prismasonic H600 doesn't work. Am I doing something wrong? Do I have any other choice besides the Isco? thanks

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
well maybe if you explain the problem you are having

·
Registered
221 Posts
The 1200 works fine. I am near maximum throw. Since the 600 is the same in size and configuration, it ought to work fine.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry It did work, But I bought the PSO 120 wich is way, way better...., what do you think about the 1200?

·
Registered
221 Posts
For watching movies and switching easily from pass-thru to stretch using the remote control, its perfect. If you stick your nose to the screen and focus (pun) on test patterns, you will notice slight barrel distortion and a slightly softer image in the stretch mode. I think it is a great solution, particularly the remote-controlled, motorized version.

·
Registered
11 Posts
OK, Ruby is sitting in the box upstairs, drywall is stacked on a pile in the basement . . . and I am continuing to wait patiently (ok, not so patiently) for all of this construction to end and the building of my HT to begin.

So, I have been reading as much as I can about add-on lenses for the PJs and the Ruby specifically, but I am not sure I can discern what situation warrants the addition of a lens -- I am looking to mount the Ruby at between 12 - 15 feet for a 100" Stewart Firehawk screen. What should I look for to determine whether I should be in the market for an add-on lens? Any help for a new AVSer is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
221 Posts
You only need a lens if you want to switch between 2.35:1 and 16:9 aspect ratios in a constant height setup.

·
Registered
11 Posts
OK, that definitely helps. I am actually going to be using one of the masking systems from HTIQ, so constant height is not in the cards. . . hmmm, I guess I'll have to keep reading the forums to find something else to tweak my planned set up. :D

Thanks, Chip

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.