AVS Forum banner

3041 - 3060 of 8210 Posts

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
OK… It's official… the Atheon fight sucks with the latest patch. It's bad enough they went to random teleport, but that when combined with the numerous glitches in the raid… well, it's almost unplayable, IMHO.

At this point, I won't be playing any more Atheon on HardMode. It's just stupid broken.

Basically, I don't know how Bungie thinks VoG will be "progression" with the release of the next raid, which will probably require lvl 30 people on normal mode.

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
Hello fellow Destinians,

I've reached a point, where I need more friends to successfully complete multiple Raids. I currently have 3 characters: Level 30 Warlock, Level 29 Hunter, and Level 28 Titan. The main people I play with don't have multiple characters leveled enough to do multiple Raids. I already have some of you on my friends list, but add me if you need another Raider......please. If you add me, mention AVS.
http://www.destinylfg.net Check out this site as a great way to find a group to join or look for extras to add to your team.

·
Registered
593 Posts
OK… It's official… the Atheon fight sucks with the latest patch. It's bad enough they went to random teleport, but that when combined with the numerous glitches in the raid… well, it's almost unplayable, IMHO.

At this point, I won't be playing any more Atheon on HardMode. It's just stupid broken.

Basically, I don't know how Bungie thinks VoG will be "progression" with the release of the next raid, which will probably require lvl 30 people on normal mode.
I really don't mind them fixing the pushing of Atheon over the side. And honestly, I don't even care that much about the teleport selection mechanic. I just find it ridiculous that they thought the teleport-selection mechanic was more important than making sure the frickin teleporters aren't glitched in the first place. Ugh..

·
Registered
9,717 Posts

Placeholder for the next raid shows level 28 so I am betting the max enemies will be level 29. I am sure hard mode will be 32 (assuming that there are new exotics with level 32 light that you can get before doing hard mode.)

·
Registered
1,469 Posts

I completed the raid for the first time this weekend. I knew there was equal parts outcry and "no big deal" opinions about the random teleport. And I fall into the latter. I'm by no means a Bungie apologist (as you'll see shortly) but the whole point is to work together. The Atheon encounter is not hard. It is very straight-forward; it just requires communication and consistency. Anyone in the 6 person team should be able to be teleported and fulfill their role as the shield bearer or oracle killer.

Now to the glitches.... holy crap are they pissy and annoying. Right after we beat it, I jumped back in to help some other guys and we could not beat it! Let me just describe a few of my own issues. I have the helmet that grants 4 golden gun shots. This suddenly stopped working halfway into the encounter. I have the Suros exotic auto rifle which is supposed to slow down and be more powerful when aiming. That function quit. All six people would be up but only 1 or 2 would get teleported. The teleported team would finish their job and run through the portal only to end up right back where we were (and no we didn't get turned around) with the relic dropped and all our screens pitch black. All 8 oracles would pop simultaneously. The list goes on.

We went to orbit at one point and tried again but the problems kept coming. Finally some guys tried to cheese him off (where they haven't fixed it yet) and couldn't, got frustrated, and signed off.

But what aggravates me more than all of this is the way Bungie alters their encounters because they got their egos hurt because their self-proclaimed "hardest gaming encounter ever made" was so easily and quickly beaten. Through human ingenuity and the use of the environments they created, they keep making the encounters more difficult because we weren't meant to beat it that way. I'm not talking about cheesing a bad guy off. Yes, those are exploits. But things like adding a bajillion minotaurs and harpys or making platforms out of bounds. That kind of stuff just spits in the face of their gamers.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts

That was ridiculous last night, could do any damage on the Minotaurs and they popped one right after the other...

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
But what aggravates me more than all of this is the way Bungie alters their encounters because they got their egos hurt because their self-proclaimed "hardest gaming encounter ever made" was so easily and quickly beaten. Through human ingenuity and the use of the environments they created, they keep making the encounters more difficult because we weren't meant to beat it that way. I'm not talking about cheesing a bad guy off. Yes, those are exploits. But things like adding a bajillion minotaurs and harpys or making platforms out of bounds. That kind of stuff just spits in the face of their gamers.
"We didn't intend for it to be played that way - Bungie"

Continued to be shocked by the response that Bungie is putting into updates to this game. From the fact that there is a linear path of progression for everyone and every character to their responding to glitches. What they should be saying instead of the above is, "Good find guys! We need to up our game."

·
Registered
3,129 Posts

We went to orbit at one point and tried again but the problems kept coming. Finally some guys tried to cheese him off (where they haven't fixed it yet) and couldn't, got frustrated, and signed off.

Did you play on hard?

That was ridiculous last night, could do any damage on the Minotaurs and they popped one right after the other...

I just spent another 2 hours with Byte trying just to beat Atheon(hard mode). Tack that onto the 1.5 hours we spent last night.
I had a few deaths from execution error and the rest were glitches. It was borderline hideous. 3 times anytime I picked up the relic every button press resulted in a melee move with it. DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT THATS LIKE lol...smh.

I think the only people finishing hard raid are the teams doing it quickly enough between the window of glitches.

I'm just bewildered.

And the reason I know it is glitches is because we can have two straight clean runs through the portal until something goes awry and we wipe.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Speaking of glitches did anybody have oracles pop up in the main/present VoG? On the Saturday morning raid I clearly heard the Oracle sound in the present VoG and it definitely wiped us. Oracles never appeared in the present before the patch, right??

·
Registered
7,828 Posts
Well, I finally got my level Vanguard Lvl 2! Bought all the gear I needed and lvl'd up to 27 in about 10 seconds lol. I've been helium farming to upgrade everything now. My last run resulted in 73 fragments in about 45 minutes! All I need now is some other random things to level up to 28 and finally get into a raid! Seems like it took forever but I never did any farming before this and for sure should have, it would have cut half the time of of leveling up.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I have the Suros exotic auto rifle which is supposed to slow down and be more powerful when aiming. That function quit.
This happened to me last Thursday when raiding. It was very annoying because I needed that extra damage on hard mode.

I just spent another 2 hours with Byte trying just to beat Atheon(hard mode). Tack that onto the 1.5 hours we spent last night.
I had a few deaths from execution error and the rest were glitches. It was borderline hideous. 3 times anytime I picked up the relic every button press resulted in a melee move with it. DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT THATS LIKE lol...smh.
First, I bet you could imagine what I would have sounded like had this happened to me...

Second, at least you were able to get past the Templar. The last time I played hard mode, we could barely make it past the second transition with everyone alive. I really wish that raid gear drops weren't random. I get it, if everything dropped too quickly, we wouldn't be playing it anymore. But, there should be some kind of algorithm that looks at your drops and how many raids you've participated in, then says it's been three raids, let's give this guy some armor so he can level up. Or maybe, have raid gear be a guaranteed drop from Atheon, but the weapons be random and only available in VoG? That way, at least you knew that if you played it enough times, you'd get some gear and possibly some weapons.

I'm not jealous or hating or anything (LOL, you know I am), but you, Cravit, have a full set of raid gear, and a bunch of weapons (including the Vex Mythoclast). I have completed the raid three times, and I got the legendary sparrow, the raid skirt, and Praedyth's Revenge (I'm not counting Chatterwhite because everyone gets Chatterwhite). Some people have even less to show than that. I wonder how many times everyone has completed the raid and at what level? (Yes, I know you've probably completed the raid about 10 times including a few hard mode runs, and that makes a difference, so I'm not necessarily comparing apples to apples here. Just let me rant, it's more fun that way.)

I've tried hard twice, once at 28 and once at 29, and I haven't even made it to the actual Templar fight either time (where you actually attack the Templar). Yes, I'm using good weapons. I can hold my own during the beginning of the Templar battle, but I haven't been to the Oracle section yet. I think I'd be okay. Hooray for the almighty Titan shield.

Reactions: Cravit8

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Just wanted to get on here quickly for an update.
What I thought was the raid glitching turns out it was my controller R2 sticking. I thought it was the game because I had no problem except when holding the relic.
Maybe the relic being a melee only device exacerbated the problem.

I'll be sending in this controller, the rumble also seems borked; it rumbles really slowly. Glad I have a second.
@jsacevedo
Shmoopy, I've done the raid:
- all the way through twice on normal, no cheese.
- 3x oracles, Templar, through gorgon cave on hard
- 3x atheon on hard (cheesed)

That's about 15 loot drops but 6 of those were double rolls so 21 loot drops? It would have been more but seems I always missed the Gatekeeper section.
I think you're right, I have gotten lucky.

Anyways, Suros > Vex Mythoclast

I'd be happy to run raid with you when I can.

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
I think it's fair to say many folks who have reached lvl 30 have taken advantage of a couple of things…

1) several versions of the same character build, so you can transfer gear and run missions more than once. I know someone with 3 warlock builds and he has run nightfall and VoG HM 3 times a week for many weeks. That kind of repetition produces results. I know myself, being able to run things on 2 characters really made a difference. I'd also note… it really does seem like once you get gear, you get more gear drops, which seems even more unfair to those still trying to level and be competitive.

2) while I have completed a full sans-cheese VoG run on normal several times and a hard mode once, due to the poor loot drop system, I see no reason not to exploit the raid where ever possible. As it is, I have received Found Verdict 6 times, the raid sniper 4 times, Suros 3 times, and a few other legendary and exotic weapons multiple times, as well as multiples of raid armor I already had, while waiting for what I needed. That's just crazy. I played with a 29 today who has been a 29 for almost a month. I would sincerely ask anyone at BUngie, what does that prove?

The biggest issue with teams I have seen trying to run VoG HM is poor choices for primary weapon, which all but eliminates the possibility to do decent damage to either oracles or adds, and as a result any mistakes are multiplied.

Only reason I still run VoG HM at all, is a hope to get the FateBringer hand cannon, the Epilogue auto rifle, and the heavy machine gun. But, until I see bungie fix bugs through out VoG, I'll probably just cheese the middle of the raid 2x a week on HM and skip the HM Atheon fight all together. I see no reason to keep smashing my head against the Atheon wall, by doing everything right, yet get glitches into a wipe.

That being said… I am definitely game for running the VoG on normal to help others get a chance at some drops.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Ok. A little desperate here. Anybody here plasti-dip their sticks? My left thumb feels a little sensitive after my massively awesome Crucible outing yesterday. Been playing on hard plastic for a little while.

·
Registered
7,132 Posts
Yes I totally agree with what Epyon said Sat night during our gin and "I have three cats" hard mode raid attempt. That what is Bungie proving by not letting us not re spawn in hard mode when we have no control of being stuck at lvl 29!!!!! If there was a definitive path to get total 30 capable gear then perhaps some justification. I think perhaps a patch of if you are not 30 then you can re spawn but no if you are 30. I mean why keep some away from being totally effective by total random chance? Sigh...

·
Registered
7,132 Posts
It was funning running VoG in HardMode last night. We were really close to beating the "conflux" portion of the templar fight. We were definitely making progress.
Yea some noob couldn't jump into the damn cave on the only flawless rum, sigh....

Looks like online consensus is weapons of light gives 35% if you have the last perk.
Really! I heard it was like 10-12%. Will be using every time!

Placeholder for the next raid shows level 28 so I am betting the max enemies will be level 29. I am sure hard mode will be 32 (assuming that there are new exotics with level 32 light that you can get before doing hard mode.)
I read a rumor that there will be a new exotic material that is ultra rare but still attainable that will take gear to 32. I hope it's that way rather than the lottery all over again for 32 capable Crota raid gear!

Well, I finally got my level Vanguard Lvl 2! Bought all the gear I needed and lvl'd up to 27 in about 10 seconds lol. I've been helium farming to upgrade everything now. My last run resulted in 73 fragments in about 45 minutes! All I need now is some other random things to level up to 28 and finally get into a raid! Seems like it took forever but I never did any farming before this and for sure should have, it would have cut half the time of of leveling up.
Congrats, I got into the habit of taking a quick 4-5 minutes whenever I arrive on a mission to check caves or grab material. I highly suggest it as I just went from 187 spin metal to 9 after a few exotic and legendary weapon upgrades after doing many bounties. If you are with a fire team just look on your way and call out material or a chest, they will like it as much as you.

3041 - 3060 of 8210 Posts