AVS Forum banner

4741 - 4760 of 8210 Posts

·
Registered
9,717 Posts
I have two Tolund's bounties active, which require 25 strikes each. The nightfall counts as 3 and the weekly counts as 2, so if i'm not already with a group i'll run either with anyone
. Inquist75 in game for those who forget.

Also I really want to run Crota this week, have only done the chests solo (for some reason yesterday was Hardlight day, one from the nightfall and 2 from the crota chest).
It was soooo easy when the weekly was the Nexus strike with arc burn. Ten minutes per run at 22 and we never died.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
After a disappointing start, RNG pulled through in the clutch for me and I'm on my way to 31. After taking an hour to clear the nightfall, I was rewarded 10 strange coins. I was a bit chapped, but I needed the coins after not running the weekly on either character last week, so I considered that a push. Then, during the weekly, I got a legendary helm engram that actually turned into a helm at the Cryptarch. Not only that, but it also had discipline and intellect instead of strength and one or the other. Then, I had enough marks to buy boots after running a few strikes. We even got lucky in the strike playlist, we got the new strike and Sepiks Prime. The new strike is absolutely nuts. So many majors/ultras. At least in the last section there is room to run like a crazy person. I was very glad to have the Ruin Wings during that last portion as heavy ammo was all over the place and I was using rockets like a mofo. It was fun though, at least I enjoyed the craziness.

If you want to see something funny, check out my titan now. Due to the size of the chest piece, the helmet looks really tiny on his head.

Has anyone been gifted that sniper from IB? If so, how is it? I don't have a solar sniper and I was thinking about grinding out IB to get it.

That was a pretty crazy run through the new Divisive Mind (or w/e strike). Minotars, hobo-gobs & reg gobs were streaming in seemingly from all sides. Typically with elevation advantage as well, always a nice tactical decision on the Vex's part.

And yeah shmoop you were rather proud of your purple helmet find last night. Maybe just a bit too overly enthusiastic about your purple helmet find in fact. SGA - don't go asking shmoop about his lucky purple helmet because he'll end up telling you all about his purple helmet for a good long while! Lol.

Vendor weapon wise I have my eye set on both the Vanguard Sniper Wolo mentioned (LDR 5001) and the New Monarchy Vanquisher VIII Auto Rifle. The VIII is supposed to be pretty well rounded for both PvP & PvE duty. Naturally I'll always have my fully leveled VoC on hand for backup.

New Monarchy Vanquisher VIII (v2)
Sights

Special Upgrades

Optional Upgrades

Damage Upgrades

You want to run VOG tonight at like 830 Pacific?
Ice, Wolo, you guys interested in a quick VOG farming run pre NF/Weekly?

Yes sir! I can be avail by about 7pm central.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Typo, Moe lol. I wouldn't ask you that time in general lol.

I meant 530 Pacific. I have plans to run NF/Weekly with Ice and Wolo but I am checking to see if they would be down for a quick VOG run before. We would need two more.
Look me up. I'll run if I'm on.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
That was a pretty crazy run through the new Divisive Mind (or w/e strike). Minotars, hobo-gobs & reg gobs were streaming in seemingly from all sides. Typically with elevation advantage as well, always a nice tactical decision on the Vex's part.

And yeah shmoop you were rather proud of your purple helmet find last night. Maybe just a bit too overly enthusiastic about your purple helmet find in fact. SGA - don't go asking shmoop about his lucky purple helmet because he'll end up telling you all about his purple helmet for a good long while! Lol.

Vendor weapon wise I have my eye set on both the Vanguard Sniper Wolo mentioned (LDR 5001) and the New Monarchy Vanquisher VIII Auto Rifle. The VIII is supposed to be pretty well rounded for both PvP & PvE duty. Naturally I'll always have my fully leveled VoC on hand for backup.

New Monarchy Vanquisher VIII (v2)
Sights

Special Upgrades

Optional Upgrades

Damage Upgrades

Yes sir! I can be avail by about 7pm central.
Shmoop joined my fireteam last night just to tell me about said purple helmet, then he bailed & went to bed!

Reactions: icelt

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
I just got home from the company christmas party and am so tired. But I kind of want to get on and chat about this purple helmet I keep reading about. Especially because it's a true purple, and not some bootleg stuff the posers have.

·
Registered
162 Posts
This pretty much sums up how my drops have been lately. If you want an exotic from Nightfall or cheesing the first raid chest, just join me and you'll get one, lol.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Got my raid boots last night. Now I just need Xur to show up with my Titan helmet (again, odds are he'll make me wait weeks like last time) to upgrade it and then all I'll need are new shards. Much better than being forever 29 this time around. Would much rather get the helmet drop from the raid to keep Armamentarium though.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
ok Crota raid for tomorrow 12/18; target time is 5pm PST, please let me know if you'd like to come.

1. Epyon
2. dagreeng
3. jshoompy(?)
4. brotj(?)
I still need to run it this week too. Will try to run VoG sometime over the weekend as well.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
ok Crota raid for tomorrow 12/18; target time is 5pm PST, please let me know if you'd like to come.

1. Epyon
2. dagreeng
3. jshoompy(?)
4. brotj(?)
Let me fix that for you, I'm in. Gotta break the seal on Crota. I'm still not 31, stupid helium, but after doing a bit of helium farming, I should be able to get to 30. Yep, I'm still forever 29. Somehow the game always screws me over, I don't know what I did to get such terrible rolls of the RNG. I need to upgrade my armor, but it all requires helium. I think I need about 200 helium just to upgrade my armor. I also have a few weapons that require helium. I am really paying for those few good drop I get. For every purple helmet I find, I get a giant fist, if you know what I'm saying.

This pretty much sums up how my drops have been lately. If you want an exotic from Nightfall or cheesing the first raid chest, just join me and you'll get one, lol.
Same here. I played two rounds of IB with Powell last night and I had the best k/d and highest score in the match. Sadly I was the only guy on the team who didn't get a drop. Trolled by RNG yet again.

Got my raid boots last night. Now I just need Xur to show up with my Titan helmet (again, odds are he'll make me wait weeks like last time) to upgrade it and then all I'll need are new shards. Much better than being forever 29 this time around. Would much rather get the helmet drop from the raid to keep Armamentarium though.
Nice, it definitely seems like Crota is dropping things at a better rate. You are maxed and Powell has everything he needs for 32. @Cravit8 if you had the DLC, I bet you'd already be at level 33 with 2 of everything.

@Bytehoven sorry for bailing on your buddy War Machine last night. Usually I would help even if I didn't need to finish the quest, but I was falling asleep at that point.

Is anyone at the final urn quest? I want to do that at level 30 for the coins, but I'm just at 29 still (LOL). How tough is it? I want to turn that in to Xur this weekend. That way I'll have a lot of flexibility for my Titan - exotic helm, chest, and arms with legendary 2.0 in every slot.

4741 - 4760 of 8210 Posts