AVS Forum banner

1761 - 1780 of 8210 Posts

·
Registered
7,132 Posts
I want to raid so hard. Got an Exotic Hand cannon, legendary auto rifle and legendary rocket launched all in 24 hours. Am 28 too.
I think lack of weapons was holding me back.

I may start a group on Thur 9;30pm Est. I have 3 or 4 that will join. Prolly will be lvl 28 only.
Ok I'm in...haha...with lives schedule it may be a couple weeks until I get a run at that.

I got my first legendary anything but, its for a Titan class and I'm a hunter right now.

You stick it in the vault for later?
I'll take it :)

·
Registered
6,252 Posts
I want to raid so hard. Got an Exotic Hand cannon, legendary auto rifle and legendary rocket launched all in 24 hours. Am 28 too.
I think lack of weapons was holding me back.

I may start a group on Thur 9;30pm Est. I have 3 or 4 that will join. Prolly will be lvl 28 only.
Saw your invite yesterday but I left work early and wanted to solo for a bit. I'll raid most anytime I'm on if anyone needs someone...I got some raid gear that needs levelled up now as well. Because of that, I am joining New Monarchy to get a shoulder piece. Need to drop 48 points off my discipline cuz I'm way over the cap with my shiny new raid boots.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I now have 11 strange coin. So sitting at 22, almost 23, with some good stuff in inventory. 87 Vangaurd marks, 11 stange coin, 5 ascendant shards and 5 ascendant energy things I think they are called. I will have enough strange coin to get a legendary weapon from Xur this weekend depending on his inventory. I think the auto rifle he had was 15 strange coin if I remember right.

So the Queen's mission is going away? Where else do we get legendary gear from?
I believe the auto rifle was 23 strange coins. The armors were all 13 strange coins. And the helmet engram was 23 motes of light. I think there was a shotgun or something in either week one or week two that was 15 or 17'ish coins.

Yeah, I think Monday is the last day of Queen's stuff. Factions are a very reliable way of getting legendary gear. They take some time, but just playing naturally and doing bounties will eventually get most people to rank two of crucible, vanguard, or one of the specific ones. I'm also hoping to see the changes to engrams and the crytarch providing a little more purple gear.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
I'm also hoping to see the changes to engrams and the crytarch providing a little more purple gear.
Last night I levelled up to rank 4 my cryptarch and he sent me in the mail a blue gloves engram and a purple glove that turned into Angel Touch gloves (I think that was the name, the Vanguard guys was selling the same ones so I'm happy!)

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Vault of Glass Raid:

Starting Friday 10/3 @ 7pm PST/9 CST/ 10 EST

Taking first 5 people to join up with me in-game.

Level 26 minimum.

Goal is to get through the first 1-2 bosses if possible and gain more people experience. We'll pick things up again Saturday (morning-afternoon).

Bring a void damage fusion rifle with you if you have one!!

Headset/mic is great.

Feel free to reply if you can make it so I can start a planned list (additional group if necessary).

·
Registered
593 Posts
I will most likely be available and am definitely interested. I don't have any current drinking requests for Friday. Currently level 27, but I think a handful of shards will get me to 28. So if I'm free, I'll check in Friday night and see if there are any available slots left.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Then we did the level 22 weekly strike. It's the Mar's strike mission with the big ol cabal boss. That took us a good hr once we got into his lair to beat him. We almost lost it several times. It was way harder than the Queens lvl 24 mission! And we all got absolutely nothing for it...Was a bit disappointing to be honest. Well 3 strange coin so not useless :)
So the Queen's mission is going away? Where else do we get legendary gear from?
As I did the Lvl28 Nightfall weekly on the same mission, a friend showed me these 2 "holes" you can sit in on both sides of where the boss comes in. Wow, that made it 90% easier. You're 99% untouchable and single-jumping pops you up to take shots and throw grenades. When you run into the main fight room run straight, up the right ramp, continue to down ramp, and drop into a little hole. That's just the right side, there is a similar one on the left side, exactly catty-corner of where you enter main room.

You should be able to buy a legendary piece from your vanguard guy by the time Queen leaves.

Saw your invite yesterday but I left work early and wanted to solo for a bit. I'll raid most anytime I'm on if anyone needs someone...I got some raid gear that needs levelled up now as well. Because of that, I am joining New Monarchy to get a shoulder piece. Need to drop 48 points off my discipline cuz I'm way over the cap with my shiny new raid boots.
Thanks, I had 2 guys join in, the one that showed me the hideaway tip, and another that needed and we finished it off.

Vault of Glass Raid:

Starting Friday 10/3 @ 7pm PST/9 CST/ 10 EST

Taking first 5 people to join up with me in-game.

Level 26 minimum.

Goal is to get through the first 1-2 bosses if possible and gain more people experience. We'll pick things up again Saturday (morning-afternoon).

Bring a void damage fusion rifle with you if you have one!!

Headset/mic is great.

Feel free to reply if you can make it so I can start a planned list (additional group if necessary).
My group will be a mixture, but eventually I want that trophy for doing raid with only clan members.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
I don't know how we can actually find these guys in game.

http://www.bungie.net/7_Bungie-Bounty---Control/en/News/News?aid=12237
There is only the Internet. And war!
CONTROL
Thursday, October 2nd
7:00 PM – 8:00 PM Pacific

PlayStation 4

Kevin has assembled a flock of our finest assassins. What follows is a roster of Bungie developers who will be playing as a team in the Crucible. Find them and destroy them, if you can. Those of you who emerge victorious will earn an emblem that only Bungie can add to your inventory through the tyranny of our will.

theTocom Kevin Yanes, Designer
pointcow John Harris, PVP Tester
mantis_prime Derek Carroll, Senior Designer
IIPumperII Nico Long, Engineer
tkblingx2 Tomonori Kinoshita, Designer
daniel_Out Daniel Auchenpaugh, Investment Test Lead

Sidenote, I love the humor so far.
"Cayde-6 took the Cryptarch aside and showed him a sack of doorknobs. He decoded that mystery pretty quickly."

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
What's you PSN I'll add you.
Sorry forgot about this, it is the same as my AVS tag.

So am I correct in concluding that the grind from 24 to 26 is the worst part of leveling up? Basically it seems the easiest way to speed things up is to sacrifice legendary gear for the materials to upgrade other legendary gear to finally push one into lvl 26. Then at 26 one is finally somewhat useful for participating in the the higher level Strikes/Raids so they can finally win significantly better gear than what they have on?

·
Registered
7,132 Posts
I don't think it will be retroactive anyways. Only the new engrams.
As I did the Lvl28 Nightfall weekly on the same mission, a friend showed me these 2 "holes" you can sit in on both sides of where the boss comes in. Wow, that made it 90% easier. You're 99% untouchable and single-jumping pops you up to take shots and throw grenades. When you run into the main fight room run straight, up the right ramp, continue to down ramp, and drop into a little hole. That's just the right side, there is a similar one on the left side, exactly catty-corner of where you enter main room.

You should be able to buy a legendary piece from your vanguard guy by the time Queen leaves.

Thanks, I had 2 guys join in, the one that showed me the hideaway tip, and another that needed and we finished it off.

My group will be a mixture, but eventually I want that trophy for doing raid with only clan members.
Yea thats why I am not joining a faction. To get Vangaurd rank to 2.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
So am I correct in concluding that the grind from 24 to 26 is the worst part of leveling up? Basically it seems the easiest way to speed things up is to sacrifice legendary gear for the materials to upgrade other legendary gear to finally push one into lvl 26. Then at 26 one is finally somewhat useful for participating in the the higher level Strikes/Raids so they can finally win significantly better gear than what they have on?
So it wasn't just me? I was stuck at 24 for almost 1.5 weeks. And I only was above 20 because I had a purple engram turn into purple helmet 15 minutes after turning 20.
It's not a grind though, there is literally nothing you can do about it, if you don't have purple armor you don't have purple armor.

Laughing at my friends armor:

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
So it wasn't just me? I was stuck at 24 for almost 1.5 weeks. And I only was above 20 because I had a purple engram turn into purple helmet 15 minutes after turning 20.
It's not a grind though, there is literally nothing you can do about it, if you don't have purple armor you don't have purple armor.

Laughing at my friends armor:
Lol, nice! Clearly there should be a hidden trophy for "certified leet defense attained."

If that's the mechanics then that's the mechanics I guess. Like many of us I only have time for about 5 or 6 Hard strikes per week, so that's just not a whole helluva alot of spins at ye ole RNG wheel of prizes.

I did find this sticky on the gamefaqs Destiny board, pretty well summarized and makes things a bit less fuzzy for me. Might be useful to others as well hopefully:

In order to hit level 21 you need exactly 21 light. For each following level you need 11 more. The second digit will always need to be one less than the first digit to rank up. (21, 32, 43, 54, 65, etc)

Blue gear can give up to 15 by default and then gains another 2 through the defense upgrade option

This gives the option of having a total of 68 Light on upgraded blue armor. Allowing players to hit level 25 without ANY legendary or exotic armor.

Blue armor with between 11-15 base light can be easily obtained via crucible upon being level 23, or the level 24 strike playlist. Logging on a few hours each day and doing strikes (about 3-5 of them) can get you light leveled to 23 in just a couple days.

Now, players can hit up to rank 28 through fully upgraded legendary gear. legendary gear has 18 base light, and has 2 defense upgrades that give 2 more light. (22 each). the next 3 upgrades require ascendant shards and will each give 2 more light EXCEPT the first one of these three. Which only gives ONE light.

Be VERY careful in choosing which armor to upgrade, if you dont plan on keeping it dont waste rare materials upgrading it.

4 legendary armor pieces with no ascendant shards spent can get you to level 27 with a light value of 88 (22 each). Spending enough shards to fully upgrade the legendary armor (this would cost 72 shards and take a long while) can get you to 108 light. Just 1 light less than is needed to hit 29.

This can be fixed with having an exotic armor piece. Which, when fully upgraded (only requiring 12 shards instead of 18 iirc) has 30 light. Putting you at 111 light.

Im assuming the raid set armor has more light, or more potential for light via upgrades. But i thought this might help those struggling with the games "rng based leveling". And could for sure help players from wasting their precious shards.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I just hit level 20 a few days ago, I've been trying to get Vanguard marks so I can buy the good gear from the Titan Vanguard, but it's going to be a long trek for me to get there. Also, how do you join factions? Do you just find the guys spread around preaching and talk or is that just a Crucible thing? I haven't played any PvP yet, just PvE. I wasn't a big fan of the Halo jumping, punching, shotgun-heavy multi-player, so I wasn't too thrilled with trying any Crucible.

You get to level 20 and so much stuff opens up. You guys are all way leveled past me so you're probably all used to it. I haven't been able to try any of the daily or weekly strikes yet. I'm probably still too weak for that stuff.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
I just hit level 20 a few days ago, I've been trying to get Vanguard marks so I can buy the good gear from the Titan Vanguard, but it's going to be a long trek for me to get there. Also, how do you join factions? Do you just find the guys spread around preaching and talk or is that just a Crucible thing? I haven't played any PvP yet, just PvE. I wasn't a big fan of the Halo jumping, punching, shotgun-heavy multi-player, so I wasn't too thrilled with trying any Crucible.

You get to level 20 and so much stuff opens up. You guys are all way leveled past me so you're probably all used to it. I haven't been able to try any of the daily or weekly strikes yet. I'm probably still too weak for that stuff.
You need to go the to the Faction's seller to buy the faction emblem.

The New Monarchy faction is located on the left side of the tower (where the speaker is), Dead Orbit (under the stairs close to the Vanguard seller and the ship master) is on the right side with Future War Cult (top of the stairs after ship master IIRC).

Each emblem is ~2500 glimmer I think. All your rep will go toward the Faction you're wearing.

·
Registered
7,132 Posts

You will also need Vangaurd rank 2 with the marks to buy stuff. I have 87 marks and was stoked only to be disappointed when I went to buy.

hit me up at jlpowell84 if you want. I have a lvl 26 buddy we can team up with. won't be on tonight though as my Oregon Ducks are playing :)

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
marks and rep actually are not that bad. You can earn 500 rep per day from turning in all vanguard bounties (same with crucible). You gain I think like 3-4 marks per bounty (15-20). I'd say the best strategy is to do and turn in all bounties each day, complete the daily heroic, then run the strike playlist appropriate to your level. You will earn rep, marks and gear from it that will boost you to the next level. Should be able to buy purples within a day or two and be lvl 26, I'd guess after a solid week.

·
Registered
9,717 Posts
Once again: If you don't like multiplayer DON'T join a faction! Factions only take multiplayer currency (Crucible Marks) and any vanguard rep you earn goes to that faction, so you'll end up with tons of Vanguard Marks (they cap out at 200, and then you're just flushing them down the toilet) and nowhere to spend them. I got Vanguard and Crucible rep to level 3 before joining FWC.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Twice in a row the Devil Walker public event did not drop in The Divide and it is normally a common event, though 1 or 2 minutes late. I wonder if the 1.0.2 patch changed the times.

Just FYI, that public event is not reliable as of right now. Mars looks like second best place for public events but I don't know my way around it at all.

·
Registered
6,252 Posts
marks and rep actually are not that bad. You can earn 500 rep per day from turning in all vanguard bounties (same with crucible). You gain I think like 3-4 marks per bounty (15-20). I'd say the best strategy is to do and turn in all bounties each day, complete the daily heroic, then run the strike playlist appropriate to your level. You will earn rep, marks and gear from it that will boost you to the next level. Should be able to buy purples within a day or two and be lvl 26, I'd guess after a solid week.
Also, if your farming mats on a planet grab the missions. They don't give a whole lot of rep but 10 missions gets you 100 rep (more if you've done the nightfall for the week)

1761 - 1780 of 8210 Posts