AVS Forum banner

1781 - 1800 of 8210 Posts

·
Registered
7,132 Posts
marks and rep actually are not that bad. You can earn 500 rep per day from turning in all vanguard bounties (same with crucible). You gain I think like 3-4 marks per bounty (15-20). I'd say the best strategy is to do and turn in all bounties each day, complete the daily heroic, then run the strike playlist appropriate to your level. You will earn rep, marks and gear from it that will boost you to the next level. Should be able to buy purples within a day or two and be lvl 26, I'd guess after a solid week.
Yea if the game is a blowout tonight against the Arizona Wildcats I will fire up the PS4 on my zone 2 monitor in my HT/living room. Get some Vanguard bounties done. I'm like 800/2000 until rank 2. I am thinking that either boots or gauntlets would be the best to buy. I plan on exotic chest peice if I still have that option when the time comes. Although a chest peice from the Vangaurd rep would give me more light I think. So last night we did Queen's mission, weekly and daily challenge. Weekly was super tough with Val turac, or whatever his name is, and daily was pretty easy (sword of Crota). Got 3 strange coin from weekly and nothing from daily. I'm guessing we needed to choose lvl 24 difficulty instead of 22. I wasn't fire team leader so I assumed it was automatic.

so what would be the best to use my ascendant shards and energy on first?

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Got 3 strange coin from weekly and nothing from daily. I'm guessing we needed to choose lvl 24 difficulty instead of 22. I wasn't fire team leader so I assumed it was automatic.

I dont believe the daily ever gives a guaranteed reward (except 1st run thru). Usually is random and difficulty doesnt affect it iirc. The weekly increases the rewards however.

As for shards/energy. Save it for your legendary gear to help boost you to lvl 28. Just buy/acquire what works with your subclass spec and play style, then level it up as you go. Same with weapon. Whatever you intend to use it what you'll want to boost 1st.

·
Registered
6,252 Posts
Yea if the game is a blowout tonight against the Arizona Wildcats I will fire up the PS4 on my zone 2 monitor in my HT/living room. Get some Vanguard bounties done. I'm like 800/2000 until rank 2. I am thinking that either boots or gauntlets would be the best to buy. I plan on exotic chest peice if I still have that option when the time comes. Although a chest peice from the Vangaurd rep would give me more light I think. So last night we did Queen's mission, weekly and daily challenge. Weekly was super tough with Val turac, or whatever his name is, and daily was pretty easy (sword of Crota). Got 3 strange coin from weekly and nothing from daily. I'm guessing we needed to choose lvl 24 difficulty instead of 22. I wasn't fire team leader so I assumed it was automatic.

If you get an exotic, rank it up first. To hit 30 you need an exotic + 3 pieces of raid gear but you can hit 29 with exotic + normal purple. The caveat is if you don't have an exotic you can still hit 28 with normal purple and maybe a high light blue. Ranking up light level either way gets you access to harder content which leads to better drops.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Hey Nex, I got your invite but I was planning on playing some bf4 with mph. Plus I was having some connectivity issues. I'll try and join you guys another time, I'm finally getting closer to being able to at least tag along with you guys :)

Shmoopy, don't join a faction yet! Check you rep in vanguard first. I assume you have none in crucible since you don't want to do PvP. If you join a faction you will only be able to buy purple gear with crucible marks (stuff you earn from playing PvP). Someone on here did post that you could turn in materials to get crucible marks, but I haven't confirmed it and don't know how efficient this would be.

Also I hated halo PvP. But I like destiny PvP better. I can't say its better than bf4 to me but its nice for a change of pace and its not critical to have all maxed out gear to be able to compete.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Shmoopy, don't join a faction yet! Check you rep in vanguard first. I assume you have none in crucible since you don't want to do PvP. If you join a faction you will only be able to buy purple gear with crucible marks (stuff you earn from playing PvP). Someone on here did post that you could turn in materials to get crucible marks, but I haven't confirmed it and don't know how efficient this would be.

Also I hated halo PvP. But I like destiny PvP better. I can't say its better than bf4 to me but its nice for a change of pace and its not critical to have all maxed out gear to be able to compete.
Thanks Trail, I haven't really touched Crucible yet due to my history with Halo. It's not that I hated Halo, I was just never really good at its multiplayer. I always felt like I was filling the enemies with lead, but they weren't dying. Then someone would look at me and I'd collapse. I should give it a try. How much does upgrading in Crucible help PvE?

·
Registered
6,252 Posts
I had no idea the gear/weapons you have equipped get upgraded when you turn in bounties.

Thanks Trail, I haven't really touched Crucible yet due to my history with Halo. It's not that I hated Halo, I was just never really good at its multiplayer. I always felt like I was filling the enemies with lead, but they weren't dying. Then someone would look at me and I'd collapse. I should give it a try. How much does upgrading in Crucible help PvE?
See Cravs post...all bounty xp counts towards gear. So those 5k queen bounties and crucible bounties net more than just rep and cash.

·
Registered
7,132 Posts
Hey Nex, I got your invite but I was planning on playing some bf4 with mph. Plus I was having some connectivity issues. I'll try and join you guys another time, I'm finally getting closer to being able to at least tag along with you guys :)

I turned in my first two sets of 50 spinmetal for a total of 10 crucible marks. Once I found the Vangaurd quartermaster in the hanger I did it there with spirit bloom and others since I am heading the Vangaurd way. Have 18 total.

·
Registered
7,132 Posts
It's tough IMO. experience will make you better obviously. I have 40 kills and 80 deaths so far in crucible. Mainly played to get a few bounties. The 18 marks I have will be a better starting point than 0 when I head that way for gear perhaps. I seen a comment on the crucible load screen saying something along the lines of players being even. But higher level guys have maxed out super abilities and those damn knife in the back hunters sliding around was getting really annoying. not sure how weapons, defense all work. Some guys seems like they would shoot me once and I was dead in a split second. Then guys I would shoot 3 times and they are 1/3 to half dead. But it has happened the other way around for me too :)

·
Registered
140 Posts
I need some help doing Xyor the unwed for an exotic bounty. If anyone is also doing this or just wants to help let me know.

Psn: jafrazi1

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I had the same experience with halo and the longer ttk. Destiny is not as bad as halo but longer than bf4. Bf4 is much smoother multiplayer wise. I have fun playing destiny PvP though. I cant run in there and dominate like in bf4. Im not a shotgunner so you have to play more cautious. I avoid small hallways and try to keep my battles mid range. You really need to keep with at least one other competent teammate to help your survivability. The radar is always on no matter if you're shooting or not. If you're going for rep or marks its probably more efficient to stay PvE and vanguard if you break down a rep and marks per hour rate. I personally like playing humans instead of ai. But playing PvE can be a little more relaxing if you stay in missions and difficulty that correspond to your level/rank.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Vault of Glass Raid:

Starting Friday 10/3 @ 7pm PST/9 CST/ 10 EST

Taking first 5 people to join up with me in-game.

Level 26 minimum.

Goal is to get through the first 1-2 bosses if possible and gain more people experience. We'll pick things up again Saturday (morning-afternoon).

Bring a void damage fusion rifle with you if you have one!!

Headset/mic is great.

Feel free to reply if you can make it so I can start a planned list (additional group if necessary).
I think I can actually make it this friday by coincidence. In for west coast raid (at least the start, Saturday is bad :(). I would add void heavy as well.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
I'm on the same step, Inquist75 in game.

I need some help doing Xyor the unwed for an exotic bounty. If anyone is also doing this or just wants to help let me know.

Psn: jafrazi1

There are 3 key strategies that take that mission from 2 hours to 30 min. I did solo all the way to phogoth. Then someone joined me. But phogoth room was easier than stage 2.

-Crav

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
I may start a group on Thur 9;30pm Est. I have 3 or 4 that will join. Prolly will be lvl 28 only.

I made a huge mistake and won't have my raid weapons upgraded now until possibly later tonight. I turned in bounties with my PvP weapons on instead of my PvE set.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I wasn't sure what else I might want to spend crucible and vanguard marks on, so I decided to buy duplicate legendary chest and boots. I figure I'll level them up them all the way (though not upgrade them) and see if I get more shards out of them.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
I wasn't sure what else I might want to spend crucible and vanguard marks on, so I decided to buy duplicate legendary chest and boots. I figure I'll level them up them all the way (though not upgrade them) and see if I get more shards out of them.

I'm buying the 100 sparrow. I rather that than shards.

How many shards do you get?

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
I wasted my stuff on the sparrow and the sparrow upgrade. I didn't want the helm for the week.

·
Registered
593 Posts

I'm buying the 100 sparrow. I rather that than shards.

How many shards do you get?
I'm hoping 3+. But I really need shards. So even the two I usually seem to get for raw pieces will be worth it.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
I'm hoping 3+. But I really need shards. So even the two I usually seem to get for raw pieces will be worth it.

Maybe you are using shards when you shouldn't though. Not all gear should be upgraded. Well there is a diminishing return.

I found if I was desperate for 1 or 2 shards to just use another character to do public events.

1781 - 1800 of 8210 Posts