AVS Forum banner

1801 - 1820 of 8210 Posts

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Guaranteed ascendant for first of the day.

Reactions: Cravit8

·
Registered
593 Posts
I'm hoping 3+. But I really need shards. So even the two I usually seem to get for raw pieces will be worth it.

Maybe you are using shards when you shouldn't though. Not all gear should be upgraded. Well there is a diminishing return.

I found if I was desperate for 1 or 2 shards to just use another character to do public events.
I've literally only used ascendant mats on my exotic helm.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I have 6 shards all from public events. Trying to figure out what is best to use them on first. My helmet is ready to upgrade with a few more relic iron pieces.
I'd hold on to them until you have an item that you are confident you won't replace any time soon. Or, as in my case, I'm going to upgrade one of my legendary pieces just enough to hit 28.

All my armor is leveled up, and I've upgraded it to the point of needing shards. I probably won't go past that until there becomes a reason to surpass level 28. And since there's a decent chance that any normal legendary pieces will be replaced by raid legendaries, I don't want to waste any shards unless I have to.

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
I think I have ruled out Red Death for now. But I am wondering about the Hunter exotic helmet with the extra Golden Gun shot. Would be good for raids, right? I should just buy it.

I really wanted a chest or hands this week.

I was able to get the Bounty exotic Machine Gun… meh. I also have the bounty for Pocket Infinity and I think I'll do that. I tossed out the Bad JuJu bounty as I don't play PvP and will likely never reach 10000 points before I find another way to obtain the gun, if they ever fix it.

I really need to figure out how to get into a raid group with you guys. It seems like there is ONE team grinding away. Are there any other folks who would like to form up a 2nd team with a schedule?

Question… If I disassemble my fully upgraded Queen helmet will I get any shards back?

·
Registered
593 Posts
I think I have ruled out Red Death for now. But I am wondering about the Hunter exotic helmet with the extra Golden Gun shot. Would be good for raids, right? I should just buy it.

I really wanted a chest or hands this week.
If you're strictly a gunslinger build, then sure. If not, I'd hold out for something I really wanted.

I was able to get the Bounty exotic Machine Gun… meh. I also have the bounty for Pocket Infinity and I think I'll do that. I tossed out the Bad JuJu bounty as I don't play PvP and will likely never reach 10000 points before I find another way to obtain the gun, if they ever fix it.
Fair enough, but even for people that hate PvP, that 10000 points is very easy to get. But it sounds like you've your hands full with other exotic bounties, so maybe it's worth freeing up that slot.

Question… If I disassemble my fully upgraded Queen helmet will I get any shards back?
I don't think so. It seems like they really knee-jerked this one. I get that it was giving out shards way too easily, but there could at least still have been a small percentage chance at getting shards. Oh well.

·
Registered
175 Posts
So what's appropriate raid etiquette here. Call out people by their PSN handle or exchange real names first? Any other pre-raid pointers?
Eh I usually mangle call signs until some time in the appropriate future where we all know one another and are raiding as a fixed group (otherwise it is just confusing).

Have a leveled up void fusion and void rocket/MG (or even fresh, shields on the big guy are weak to void).

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
I have 6 shards all from public events. Trying to figure out what is best to use them on first. My helmet is ready to upgrade with a few more relic iron pieces.
Thing is, you have to upgrade your legendaries to reach lvl 27 which is the true effective point for the raids. I would advise spending them on a piece of gear that fits your spec/play style. You dont need to max out the upgrades, but getting the first 2 armor upgrades on some of your legendaries is the way to go.

I am under the belief that running bladedancer in VoG is suicide. Most mobs & bosses will put a serious hurt on you at close range, plus there are a lot of instances where ranged is the only way to kill. The helm is probably not a bad investment, especially if you have the coins or excess. If you dont already have maxed out legendaries or another exotic helm, it might be worth your long-term time/goals.

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Man, how do you guys find the time to level up so much! I'm only at 18 I think and it feels like it took me a billion years to get there! lol playing PVP is pretty tough since I'm fighting guys that are all level 25 or higher and have insane guns.... Pretty dumb matchmaking system.

i'm also pretty sure there are rampant cheaters. I watched a guy get shot from every person on my 6 person team and it didn't take ANY damage, he went on to a 45-0 streak. Thats happened 9 times so far all with different guys, where they don;t die and no one can do anything to them.... thats unless they have some sort of armor thats special I guess lol

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Man, how do you guys find the time to level up so much! I'm only at 18 I think and it feels like it took me a billion years to get there! lol playing PVP is pretty tough since I'm fighting guys that are all level 25 or higher and have insane guns.... Pretty dumb matchmaking system.

i'm also pretty sure there are rampant cheaters. I watched a guy get shot from every person on my 6 person team and it didn't take ANY damage, he went on to a 45-0 streak. Thats happened 9 times so far all with different guys, where they don;t die and no one can do anything to them.... thats unless they have some sort of armor thats special I guess lol
PvP is level matched. So everyone is on equal footing. Once Iron Banner drops, that specific map will be best gear/best skills. Biggest disadvantage is unlocked subclass abilities. I've been man-handled by lvl 10 players while at lvl 24.

As for the cheaters, some people have amazing lag that just does not compute. Doesn't seem to be a big enough issue for Bungie to address...yet.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts

The classic lag switch. It's pretty rampant in the pvp right now, seen it myself quite a few times. Because the game is still new I'm sure the latency limit is pretty high so that people with slower connections don't get dropped constantly. Some sort of fix or anti-cheating software would be nice. I just try not to take it too seriously right now because it's fun. Even with the cheating.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Raid team 2:

Going to see if we can resume atheon tonight around 6-7pm PST/9CST/10EST (same as last night). If no luck, we can try sometime Monday evening?

Good job last night!

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
The classic lag switch. It's pretty rampant in the pvp right now, seen it myself quite a few times. Because the game is still new I'm sure the latency limit is pretty high so that people with slower connections don't get dropped constantly. Some sort of fix or anti-cheating software would be nice. I just try not to take it too seriously right now because it's fun. Even with the cheating.
Some fellow ex-Halo 2 players were just talking about that last night. Had a solid ex-Halo2 fireteam playing and just couldn't take this one guy out. I thought he was blinking but there was no blink trail, he was just skipping all around the map. Problem is, I've seen this more than once. For me that is the only explanation. It's so childish it's a wonder to me that players still do it. But why Bungie games? I didn't play CoD but I never saw this in BF4.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Raid team 2:

Going to see if we can resume atheon tonight around 6-7pm PST/9CST/10EST (same as last night). If no luck, we can try sometime Monday evening?

Good job last night!
Keep at it! It's the best gaming since forever. I hope you went down the shaft after stage 2. Brilliant design by Bungie.
Raid team 3 was successful last night!
Me, @Yrd, @Bytehoven along with 3 of my other clan.

1801 - 1820 of 8210 Posts