AVS Forum banner

1821 - 1840 of 8210 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
They need to implement a way IN GAME to set up raid parties. I just can't believe they didn't build in a wanted board in the tower for us to gather a team. All the posts in forums for raid parties is getting annoying. Cluttering up the thread with stupid hook ups. Bungie sure missed the mark with some of the decisions on this "SOCIAL" game. Gotta be the most lonely multiplayer game of all time. Big fail IMHO.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Raid team 2:

Going to see if we can resume atheon tonight around 6-7pm PST/9CST/10EST (same as last night). If no luck, we can try sometime Monday evening?

Good job last night!
So was I in team 2 last night? I'm up for another go.

Keep at it! It's the best gaming since forever. I hope you went down the shaft after stage 2. Brilliant design by Bungie.
Raid team 3 was successful last night!
Me, @Yrd , @Bytehoven along with 3 of my other clan.
Congrats on finishing. Yep we went down the "secret" way, really cool. Sense of adventure is excellent during the traversal sections, you really feel like your group is alone in the world, also a great sense of scale. They can give us more of that kind of thing in the game overall and I wouldn't complain.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts

So in the raid there are 5 chest, not sure if my team got them all.
But one person is guaranteed an exotic weapon, so there is a 1-in-30 chance to get it (six people times 5 chest, that math right?). Seems the chest release guaranteed 2 raid armor pieces also. The other loot is ascendant shards or energy.

It's like friggin Christmas with the whole fireteam huddled around a chest waiting to open at the same time.
And of course the reactions to what someone gets ranges from congrats to Fyou.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
^ 5th chest is after Atheon?

1st=along path after gate; 2nd=side wall after templar, 3rd/4th=spelunking path + maze, 5th=?

How many in your group were 28+? Seems the last fight really needs everyone to be at least 27. Who are your relic carries (which class)?

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
^ 5th chest is after Atheon?

1st=along path after gate; 2nd=side wall after templar, 3rd/4th=spelunking path + maze, 5th=?

How many in your group were 28+? Seems the last fight really needs everyone to be at least 27. Who are your relic carries (which class)?

I think we missed the sidewall after Templar. Oye :-/ we were too excite to go down shaft.
1 27, 4 28s, 1 29. The group spent 8 hours last week all as lvl 27 and gave up before the reset. We drove through this one in just over 2 hours and that was because someone had trouble at the canyon. I though damage gets scaled down but it really felt like being 28 made a huge difference. We all had better weapons too.

·
Registered
7,132 Posts
Man, how do you guys find the time to level up so much! I'm only at 18 I think and it feels like it took me a billion years to get there! lol playing PVP is pretty tough since I'm fighting guys that are all level 25 or higher and have insane guns.... Pretty dumb matchmaking system.

i'm also pretty sure there are rampant cheaters. I watched a guy get shot from every person on my 6 person team and it didn't take ANY damage, he went on to a 45-0 streak. Thats happened 9 times so far all with different guys, where they don;t die and no one can do anything to them.... thats unless they have some sort of armor thats special I guess lol
Nate! I was thinking you might be on Destiny! Hit me up, jlpowell84 and I will help you get leveled up. I hit 26 this morning with Vangaurd gear, Queen's helmet, and scored a legendary hand cannon from crypt arch lvl up. Anyway we can do some whatever :) I won't be back on till tomm night or monday though :(

Need one more for raid right now.

-Crav
I'll be there soon!

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Nate! I was thinking you might be on Destiny! Hit me up, jlpowell84 and I will help you get leveled up. I hit 26 this morning with Vangaurd gear, Queen's helmet, and scored a legendary hand cannon from crypt arch lvl up. Anyway we can do some whatever :) I won't be back on till tomm night or monday though :(

I'll be there soon!

will do!

·
Registered
7,132 Posts
Jealous! By lvl22 I found hand canon to be the only choice. Would have loved a pure one from the cryptarch at 26.
Yea we all have our preferences. I seen your stats there from the raid indicating hand cannon. Honestly I haven't used them much. Perhaps I need to give it a good go. At least PVP it will be a good one. I also scored a rare(only) lvl 20 rocket launcher. It has the 3 round magazine I like, extreme quick load upgrade.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Had fun last night but Vault of Glass is really glitchy at this point. I felt like we had to wipe quite a few times due to the game just hanging there. Honestly, I hope the end boss rewards are decent because right now it feels overly difficult for nothing.

I'm probably a little burned out on Destiny right now. It's been the only game I've played for almost a month. Time to switch it up I think. Middle Earth needs me!

·
Registered
7,010 Posts
OK… Level 28.5 … WaHoo :)

I went ahead and bought the Exotic Hunter helmet Xur was selling and last night I ran normal VoG, as a lvl 27 with a group of 28/29 players, and I got a raid gear Gauntlet drop. I was able to grind both new pieces up to +30 today, so I have 30 + 30 + 22 + 22 = 104 light. I could upgrade one of the (22) pieces to 27 and hit lvl 29 (109 light), but they would be wasted shards. Already did that with my helmet. :)

Has anyone tried the rare Queen vendor weapons, Her Right Hand, (auto), Merciless (hand), Vest Noblese (scout)? Even thought they are rare, I wonder if they might be worth checking out.

Has the clan gotten the trophy for the VoG run?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hey all I just started playing this week...level 14,all my friends are still on PS3 so im playing solo
If anyone wants level up with me im on most afternoons(EST)

monsterzero2012

·
Registered
7,010 Posts
What's the best way to get strange coins (Xur)? I'm barely level 21
The very best way to get strange coins is via the WEEKLY strike and NighFall strike. Weekly pays 3 @ lvl 22, 6 @ lvl 24 and 9 @ lvl 28. Nightfall pays 9. So it's a direct way to get 18 coins guaranteed. It is possible the "leech" off two higher players, especially when there are some places to hide or take cover to avoid being killed. I'd say when you hit 25/26, you could be a third wheel in the Nightfall and weekly lvl 28 missions. The team just has to know the strategy for the OP and help you contribute. I'd be happy to help you so please feel free to friend me.

Besides that, coins will drop from decoding engrams, from loot chests and sometimes as the reward at the end of a mission.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I hit Level 23 today (from 20), but I had some help. Nexus beat a Queen's Mission while Lazy and I tagged along. I got a Legendary chest plate that had a ton of light. My helmet, boots, and sleeves are all rare, but they are giving me some light as well. Hopefully I can get lucky on a drop for a legendary weapon.

I also played Crucible for the first time today. It's not bad. Not great, but not bad. It's a change of pace. It's not as Halo as I thought it would be, but I can feel the Halo-esque aspects. So much jumping. Shotguns galore. Overshields. Melee attacks.

1821 - 1840 of 8210 Posts