AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Im new to the form and looking for some help

I have a Samsung SP43w6 rear projection unit and have noticed when I have sky in that there seems to be a dark box at the bottom 1/4 of the screen which goes from left to right, It is opauqe you can see though it and hasa cirlcle with what looks like an H in it someone said it could be a pause symbol. someone suggested that it maybe burn in. Now Im not sure about that due to the fact why would it only burn in one place.

Does anyone know how to get rid of it? do you have to replace the screen itself or do you just replace the bulb. any advice would be helpful thanks.

·
Registered
93 Posts
RP TVs don't suffer from burn in, so it can't be that. Maybe it's something obstructing the light path? Like a peeling label inside?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Yes, I've seen many RPTVs with burn-in.

Mitsubishi had to replace a bunch of CRTs because of a line burn that would happen when scan collapsed.

I've seen it on all makes and models, but it became less likely in the later years of RPTV's. They went to fluid cooling and blanking circuits to prevent screen burn, but it is still possible.

Jim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.