AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've been reading this forum for awhile now and couldn't find what I was looking for so I will ask. I just bought a 42" TH-C42FD18 Panasonic from Costco about 4 days ago. I have been keeping the brightness below 50. Anyway I noticed yesterday that when the lights were off and I was switching from tv to Componet, on the componet screen I could see very lightly what I was just watching on tv. Now when I load somthing up like a dvd or game the screen gets darker and the light ghostly outlines are no longer there. But they return once the dvd player is off. Is this burn in? Thanks for any help

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
That's temporary image retention that you will notice more on brand new sets. After you get a few months on the set you will see it less and less...and eventually it will virtually go away except for rare and brief appearances. Nothing to worry about..

·
Banned
10,928 Posts
Just watch full screen content for a while. The incidence/degree of temporary IR will diminish and eventually become non-existent over time.

·
Premium Member
18,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum509 /forum/post/15580136

....I noticed yesterday that when the lights were off and I was switching from tv to Componet, on the componet screen I could see very lightly what I was just watching on tv. Now when I load somthing up like a dvd or game the screen gets darker and the light ghostly outlines are no longer there. But they return once the dvd player is off. Is this burn in?

Ghost images on a blank input screen are normal - it's just residual phosphor discharge like you see on tube TVs and it's not a problem. Your TV is fine.

Here's a few threads about it:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...e#post14496410

1 - 6 of 6 Posts