AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, I'd like to say I used the search feature but didn't find any topics on this, but rather alot of posts instead of other topics on the subject of burn in.

I just bought a Mitsu WS-55411 and I'm worried about burn in from network channels and too much Halo. The guy at the store said that the network logo's in the lower corner of the screen can burn into the screen. Although they're usually see-through, is this true? I don't watch one network for a LONG time, but I do watch for a couple hours at a time once a day or so sometimes.

As for Halo and other games, I'm worried about the menu's such as the radar and life meters burning into the screen. I usually play Halo two hours a day, three days a week. Is this enough to cause them to burn in?

I have my brightness and contrast set around 50%. I'd like to turn them up but I'm worried it will cause burn in.

Please let me know guys, thanks!

·
Registered
32,174 Posts
There are many topics about this in fact. Did you use the Slowest Search option?

Regardless, let me say this: With your settings at 50%, you are on the right track. Can you turn them up? Perhaps a bit but usually a calibrated display has them set somewhere around 1/2.

As for the logos, if you watch a *variety* of channels, and have moderate brightness and contrast settings, you will not get logo burn in. Generally, the same is true of games. You might want to try even lower settings while gaming if you can tolerate them. But I doubt that 6 hours a week of Halo is really an issue, to be honest.

Mark

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.