AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently looking into buying my first RPTV, but have some questions about burn in. I have read a great deal of the posts here about this subject, but still can't seem to get a good grasp of how bad the issue is.

As far as my viewing habits go, I do play video games for hours on end, I watch quite a few movies in widescreen, I plan on hooking my PC up to my TV and browsing the web for hours on end there, and while I don't watch that much TV; I do enjoy watching the food channel for hours on end. I don't really do these activities all that often, but when I get a chance to sit down and watch some TV I usually do so for a couple hours. And, I don't want to have to watch my 4:3 shows in a stretched mode.

So, I obviously do all the activities that would cause burn in trouble. However, I am trying to figure out exactly how bad this is. I won't be leaving games/movies/PC desktop paused over night however.

From people's previous horrors with burn in, would my viewing habbits cause burn in withing: 3 weeks? 3 months? 3 years? How long does burn in usually take?

Sorry about beating a dead horse, but I just can't seem to grasp how bad this issue is from reading people's posts.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What exactly is a DLP TV? I have seen this acronym used a great deal on the forums but have not been able to figure out what they are. As far as I can tell, DLPs are front projection sets? Also, when people refer to LCDs on this forum are they refering to RPLCDs or the 1inch thin LCD sets? Sorry for all the questions, but I am still very new to this all. Thanks again

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
Search for burn-in and my name in this forum and the plasma forum. Most people are way too paranoid about this issue, which is pretty unimportant.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.