AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

what is the problem when in a good calibrated image the very white zone of this image comes off as burned. It happens specially in the initial sequences of THE FIFTH ELEMENT when the camel arrives. One of the few childrens sit on the floor has the white vest all burned.

Thanks

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh no, thanks. My tubes are mint brand new.

I have told in my post that the burned zone appear on the image. I think at a problem like a wrong gamma value...

If anyone looks for those frame of THE FIFTH ELEMENT can understand the burned zones or too white zones.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Can you post apic? you might have the wrong color space some where in our video chain, or you ended up using too much processing when using the radiance. it looks like Posterization as it adjusts the colors by adding or removing there is only so much bit depth info that some gets removed and it changes the image where areas look Cartoonish or detail is completely gone. I found a gamma below 2.35 causes this with my setup. Try 2.35 or 2.4. reset the radiance calibration before doing this. if you dont rest each time you can cause what you are describing. Calibrating witht he radiance over an old calibration is not good.

Athanasios

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Many many thanks.

It happens that when I have resetted all the sources to the pc level to make CalMan calubration I forgot that the Oppo was setted to this level too. I will try to set on 444 level.

Sorry Athanasios but I have still problems on the calibration. You wait my disturb on your PM box. :)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have token some pics. Don't look at the colorimetry because the camera isn't set good.

I have set all the video chain components to 4:2:2 level

As you can see the white headcloth and the white dresses of the childrens are "posterized".

You know that all the colour mngt controls ofm the Radiance are on the 0 position and the gamma is set to 0,95.

About the Moome input card the electronic gamma is on low level by the remote. I don't now how I can properly level the contrast and the gamma by moving the screw.

That's all.

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Hi Vinnie, to adjust the contrast control on the moome card you need to measure the Voltage, it should be .7 volts or close to it for a full white field I think. you can measure on the tip of the green RCA pin after you remove it from the green VNB.

At least thats how I think it can be done.

But first what happens when you lower contrast on the Marquee? does it still look

like the whites are clipped?

Also make sure that the entire video chain and settings are set for Video level. and on the moome remote press letter C, its what I use.

Athanasios

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Athanasios. Your help is always precious for me.

I will search to make it tonight.

Just this afternoon I was reading the Moome card operating manual

·
Registered
6,833 Posts
I've been running my setup the past couple of months or more in Full 1080P 72hz, but later went back to Full 1080P 60hz and have been using 60hz since.

Recently I went back to 72hz, and noticed the same or similar issue you mention here.

What I've found going 72hz was a brighter image overall, that sometimes had a brighter area or item in the image on certain scenes. Went back to 60hz on the same scenes did not show the same problem.

So try 60hz and see what happens?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts