AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused: I'm sure I'm doing something obviously wrong, but darned if I can figure out what - I don't seem to be able to burn DVDs with any useful audio (from downloaded replay shows). The mpeg files look and sound great, the burned DVD looks great and has only a quiet buzzing when played on either the computer or my dvd player. I've tried nero and dvd-lab, I've tried resampling the audio stream all to no avail. At least I've started using a single dvd-rw instead of ruining my dvd-r blanks.

Any suggestions? Thanks much!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Be sure you're using the latest DVDLab. There was a bug where the VOB files would play fine, but if you tried playing it as a DVD disc, you would get no audio. Have you tried playing the VOB files directly?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm using the latest DVDLab (ok, as of 1 May, at any rate), but I get the same results with nerovision express (registered, tried first). The VOB files seem ok, though my ATI file viewer utility doesn't seem to be very good at playing them (fits and starts) - they do seem to have audio though.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I like to make an image and before burning it, to mount it using Demontools as DVD and test the audio, sync and overall quality, saves from thowing away coasters.

·
Registered
450 Posts
So where can I download the latest version of dvdlab?

·
Registered
8,143 Posts
Not that this is 100% relevant but someone may find it useful. Make sure you dvd player WILL play mpeg audio. I know my older toshiba players won't play the mpeg audio only dvds I've made...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
RE: mpeg audio: My DVD player hasn't had any problems with other sources I've tried (VCD, SVCD). Besides, the computer which just burned the DVDs won't play them either - or rather, it plays them fine except for having no audio. The source material is just fine, once I fixed the headers, it plays correctly in all the various viewers.

·
Registered
413 Posts
If your DVD player has bitstream audio enabled, make sure to switch it to PCM ( from bitstream) or you won't hear any sound. Your Replay-made DVDs don't have high-end audio.

Quote:
Originally posted by mthome1056
:confused: I'm sure I'm doing something obviously wrong, but darned if I can figure out what - I don't seem to be able to burn DVDs with any useful audio (from downloaded replay shows). The mpeg files look and sound great, the burned DVD looks great and has only a quiet buzzing when played on either the computer or my dvd player. I've tried nero and dvd-lab, I've tried resampling the audio stream all to no avail. At least I've started using a single dvd-rw instead of ruining my dvd-r blanks.

Any suggestions? Thanks much!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.