AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some home videos that I would like to make a dvd off for my friends to watch in Germany. They have region 2 over there. I understand that I need to have the DVD be in PAL format and that's fine, but how can I burn the dvd to ensure that it will work on their region 2 dvd player?

·
Registered
1,603 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calcvictim /forum/post/17016710

I have some home videos that I would like to make a dvd off for my friends to watch in Germany. They have region 2 over there. I understand that I need to have the DVD be in PAL format and that's fine, but how can I burn the dvd to ensure that it will work on their region 2 dvd player?

DVD that you author yourself are region code free

Region code is used by studio to control the release of their movie. It doesn't have any function for us lowly dvd creator

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Correct, provided the software is burning a DVD Video compliant disc.

Correct, drives are irrelevant as well. But do be aware certain drive+recordable disc combo's work better than others.

I presume your sorted on converting it to PAL?

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferax /forum/post/17016889

Isn't most of the player in Europe Multi-Standard anyway? If so why convert to Pal.

the guys who I am making the dvds for are not computer savvy, they don't know and since I am here in US I don't know what their player is capable off. I just wanna be on the safe side so I will convert to PAL and I just verified the home authored dvds are in fact region free.

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts