AVS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just thought i'd check here before i potentially waste 8 bucks

Was just on the ps store, and see that burnout paradise Full game plus bundle is only 7.99?? am i seeing things? is this for the PS3?

I've always wanted to pick up this game but never wanted to spend the cash when I had GT5P and now GT5, but for 8 bucks, am I missing anything?

Just wondering if someone could help confirm.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,049 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmfer /forum/post/20785906

Hey guys, just thought i'd check here before i potentially waste 8 bucks

Was just on the ps store, and see that burnout paradise Full game plus bundle is only 7.99?? am i seeing things? is this for the PS3?

I've always wanted to pick up this game but never wanted to spend the cash when I had GT5P and now GT5, but for 8 bucks, am I missing anything?

Just wondering if someone could help confirm.

Thanks in advance!

My understanding is the $8 version doesn't include the Surf Island. It has more cars unlocked from the beginning.

Someone who actually bought the $8 version can confirm this. I only played the "free" PS+ version.

Also, the download version needs to patched multiple times when you start it. Can take almost an hour to patch it as it has to download 50+? files of patches.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is not having Surf Island a big deal? i have never played this game, but loved burnout takedown/revenge on the 360 back when I had that.

·
Registered
7,909 Posts
I haven't been on Surf Island yet. This is a very different game than GT. In fact, you are making me want to fire it up again. It's a FUN game!

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
You're getting an AAA title for your $8 with a years's worth of updates included. (Did not know about Surf Island not being included, which is a shame, but still an incredible value). It still looks as good as almost any title released, IMHO.

One thing to keep in mind is that Paradise is an 'open world' game and has a different feel from the earlier games, some people didn't like that. I thought it was great, personally.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
Even without Surf Island, there is a ton of content with this bundle and I'm surprised it's still being offered at this price.

I bought this bundle last month and can confirm it includes the Bikes Pack, the Cagney online racing pack, a Boost Special Cars pack, and the Time Savers (unlock all cars/bikes) pack. Unfortunately you missed the really big sale where all ohter BP DLC was priced at $2-$3, including Surf Island ($3).

Burnout Paradise is a very fun and accessible racing game, and if you're a trophy hunter, you'll be adding dozens of new chunks of metal to your collection in no time.

·
Registered
753 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookster /forum/post/20787548

Even without Surf Island, there is a ton of content with this bundle and I'm surprised it's still being offered at this price.

Burnout Paradise is a very fun and accessible racing game, and if you're a trophy hunter, you'll be adding dozens of new chunks of metal to your collection in no time.

+1 BP is a GREAT game, its a steal at $8, even without the Party Pack add on its always the game I fire up when friends come over. From 5 year olds to 38 year olds everyone enjoys jumping cars off ramps and watching 'em shatter into pieces. Its online multiple player is one the best I've experienced.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMII /forum/post/20788279

+Its online multiple player is one the best I've experienced.

No kidding. A half-dozen competitive modes plus literally hundreds of co-op challenges. Though I've sat in lobbies while other players drive around pointlessly and act like douches, I've also met some really cool people who are eager to help you complete the challenges.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Awesome guys, thanks a lot. I will start the download as soon as I get home. Then me and my 4 year old will be playing tonight...he loves the 129" screen best too.

On a side note, anyone know if the Logitech G27 wheel works with this, or dont bother..etc.

thanks again!

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good point, i guess i just wasnt sure if it was something other than a "FULL" game..... lolol

There was a time when i wasnt cheap.... now i am

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Thanks for posting this thread, I got this game last night. I bought it back in 2008 when it came out, then sold it after I got sick of it.

It's a blast to play, I only wish they had competitive Crash mode like in older burnouts, those were fun to play with a group of friends.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I couldn't get my steering wheel (Driving Force GT) to work with this game. I hope there's something I'm missing, because I'd love to play this using a wheel!

·
Registered
753 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgr_stl /forum/post/20790147

I couldn't get my steering wheel (Driving Force GT) to work with this game. I hope there's something I'm missing, because I'd love to play this using a wheel!

I'm pretty sure I've used my DF wheel, however it doesn't support the full range of motion (270 degree?) like Gran Turismo does. In the end driving with the wheel on BP isn't ideal because you can't pull off tricks (spins/rolls) as easily. It should still work... did you plug the wheel in before booting up the game? Also check the in game controller settings, there are several from what I remember.

We used to have BP group here on AVS that got together once a week to play... it really helps when you have people (with mics) focused on the challenges instead of just randomly smashing into things.

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
Surf Island is still worth checking out, it's a little bit different from the main game but a lot of fun.

I got all the Paradise DLC on sale for $20 in 2010 and it was a steal. The game is seriously really great. I just need two more trophies for Platinum (and even then... that's only about 50% of the total).

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Confirming the G27 wheel works, but, pointless. Much better to use the controller for this game. Cars are way too hairy with the wheel. That said more than completely the other way around for GT5....only use a wheel for that game.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts