AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this TV 1 year ago,like to watch TruTv a lot,but their Logo
Already left a minor burnt on the right bottom side,not really 100% stuck.I guess I should be able to fix with some tweaks.

Does anyone knows how can I "clean" that off my screen ?

Thank you

·
Registered
626 Posts
some logos are just annoying............. well all are annoying, some are more annoying.

get those damn logos off my screen! I hardly see the point in them having logos on all their show except because they can and because we have to accept it.

have you tried not watching that channel for a while? or using the scrolling bar feature?

·
Registered
720 Posts
Watch some other shows and stations or movies for a bit. Usually goes away rather quickly. I had a DVD menu onmy whole screen, took about a day of just watching normal to get rid of.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourtytwoinch /forum/post/17022060

some logos are just annoying............. well all are annoying, some are more annoying.

get those damn logos off my screen! I hardly see the point in them having logos on all their show except because they can and because we have to accept it.

have you tried not watching that channel for a while? or using the scrolling bar feature?

What's a scroling bar feature ?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This really sucks,all the channels I like to watch has a big LOGO, if not a stupid banner at the bottom.specially local news.I have another HDTV Sony Tube for 7 years no burn in at all.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizuca /forum/post/17022152

What's a scroling bar feature ?

The Samsung I own, which is also an a series 50", should be similar. In the menu section on your remote, scroll down to detailed picture settings. You should find the screen burn protection feature. Open that up and you will get to the burn in features. Scrolling will work best here, you can also change it up with a static white picture as well. If you run that, and watch other content(without those pesky logos
) you should notice some improvement as I think it will be just stubborn IR. JoeB

·
Registered
272 Posts
Wow, i thought plasmas didnt get burn anymore??

·
Premium Member
18,322 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by panabolic /forum/post/17023496

Wow, i thought plasmas didnt get burn anymore??

It's not burn-in, it's IR and it will/should go away.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourtytwoinch /forum/post/17023214

write the stations some angry letters, i wanna see how that turns out. saying their big ugly logos are preventing you from watching their station.

Unfortunately, big logos are becoming a part of tv broadcasting. Sets will need to deal with this without damage.

Where I live we not only get big station logos but weather alerts. Both these combined cover about the bottom 1/3 of the screen.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters /forum/post/17023620

It's not burn-in, it's IR and it will/should go away.

If he continues to watch the channel he likes, won't this eventually cross the line from ir to permenant ir?

Outside this particular forum, permenant ir would be termed burn-in, but that term causes otherwise normal people to somehow lose their normality.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.