AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
9,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it is traditional in the American materialistic nature to buy, buy, buy, but no other day during the calendar year does more of this shopping happen then TODAY. So, although HT gear is not a tradition in America, did any of your fanatics buy any HT-related gear, today?

·
Banned
9,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Neither do I, but we are the exception to the rule, otherwise I feel the current buying behavior of the unwashed masses would probably be different. Besides, do you think there are that many people holding off to buy big-ticket items when the specialty shops probably wouldn't budge a bit on price, or would they (do I need to run out and buy something)?

·
Registered
103 Posts
I stayed away from the malls and superstores, but I did visit

a local AV shop and purchased the following:

Klipsch RF-3 II main speakers

Klipsch RC-3 II center channel speaker

Klipsch RS-3 II surrounds

Now if my Panny RP-82 would get delivered (I wish I hadn't

ordered from CrazyEddie), I'll be all set!

·
Registered
195 Posts
I spent 45 minutes in a checkout line to cash out a componet video cable at 7am at my local circuit city store. Never goining near a store day after Thanksgiving again.

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Bought two JVC 30000 units.

Ted

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Spent about ~$75 yesterday. Only electric related thing I bought was a Photo print cartrige for my compaq printer at Sears.

·
Registered
996 Posts
got 2 128meg smart media cards for my NEW fuji s602 digi camera

only reason I even went close to a shop was they were like 20.00 cheaper then even off the net without shipping

Kevin

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
I went crazy at BB and got a new 17" Samsung LCD monitor for $400, plus a new Lexmark color printer for $20. I also got a new scanner for my son, a Visioneer for $20! The monitor replaced my old 17" NEC which my grandaughter immediately took to her computer. What a difference in showing small details this monitor has made! My old Canon 610 printer needed all four cartridges repalced. Instead of spending $34 for them, I got the new Lexmark printer, hell of a lot faster! I don't print too often, anyway.

·
Premium Member
11,868 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by MarkMaple
I stayed away from the malls and superstores, but I did visit

a local AV shop and purchased the following:

Klipsch RF-3 II main speakers

Klipsch RC-3 II center channel speaker

Klipsch RS-3 II surrounds

Now if my Panny RP-82 would get delivered (I wish I hadn't

ordered from CrazyEddie), I'll be all set!
You will not be disappointed with that purchase. They will sound best after ~50 hours of use.;)

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by WanMan
Besides, do you think there are that many people holding off to buy big-ticket items when the specialty shops probably wouldn't budge a bit on price, or would they (do I need to run out and buy something)?
All of the big high-end AV dealers around here are running massive sales from now till Christmas. Even you could get a discount. And if you act nice to them you might even get to try it out first.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Went to CC with the intent of just listening to the Infinity Interlude IL10s versus the Polk RTi something-or-others. Didnt intend to buy anything.

But man was i suprised. In a side by side test using the same cd, same receiver, etc, the IL10s sounded soo much better then the Polks.

Even my WIFE commented that she heard a big difference between the 2 and said the Polks "sounded empty". They had them for a good price so i picked up a couple of Interlude IL10s and the Entra Center Two.

Very happy with my buy! :D

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I usually never venture out on that crazy day...but the wife actually wanted to go to BestBuy?!? So we went. I picked up heavy duty speaker wall mounts (open box) special for about $35. We also bought several DVD's for my oldest son and brother-in-law. We also got the 4 Dics LOTR ($29.99) for $19.99, due to a gracious checkout girl.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I usually never venture out on that crazy day...but the wife actually wanted to go to BestBuy?!? So we went. I picked up heavy duty speaker wall mounts (open box) special for about $35. We also bought several DVD's for my oldest son and brother-in-law. We also got the 4 Dics LOTR ($29.99) for $19.99, due to a gracious checkout girl.

·
Banned
9,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Carl Brinkman
All of the big high-end AV dealers around here are running massive sales from now till Christmas. Even you could get a discount. And if you act nice to them you might even get to try it out first.
Carl, I am going to print this and take it with me tomorrow, or Wednesday, and see if I can get a new Subfire MkIV for $900. What do you think my chances are? :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.