AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering getting a Toshiba 65H80. Locally they sell for around $3,500.00. From internet discounters sites they run about $2,400.00. My question is for those have bought a 65H80 from a local store or the internet.. WHO MOVED IT?

At 400+ pounds and 29" deep how did you get it in your home?

·
Registered
730 Posts
Damn that is a good price . . . I paid 2600 for my 56H80 (which I am very happy with). Anyway, it was moved by just some random mover guys. They called me a day before it showed up to warn me of the pending delivery. So I stayed home that day and helped them guide it into the entertainment center I built for it. I was real careful with my measurements and it slipped into its new home with 1/2" in either side of it. (Yes, it has plenty of ventilation, I have a gap beneath the TV and the top has plenty of space above it.)

I feel that I took a risk by buying off the net since there was no place I could easily return it to but these monsters are generally serviced by house-calls anyway.

·
Registered
39 Posts
When I bought my toshiba 65x81 from Brandsmart it arrived on a semi with no ramp to move it down and only two men. Did I mention these 2 men were HUGE. They took it out the back of truck keeping it level and carried it 100 feet to the house. I was very impressed. they were kind enough to remove the box and set the 400+ beast its place. I have to mention that I love the wheels. When I'm cleaning it makes life much easier as it glides out of the way. (hard Terrazzo floors)

------------------

Paul

Up on a roof waiting to be struck by lightning.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.