AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
I just connected mine yesterday morning. I've had very little time to evaluate it. It has a good solid utilitarian look and feel. In terms of performance with 1 BK2, it may be slightly better than the Carvin DCM-1 which it replaced. It's nice to be rid of the fan noise and the extra box. It also gives me an excuse to add a 2nd BK2.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I got the BK2 and new amp as a birthday gift from my wife last month. I hooked it up using a platform attached to my temporary home theater sofa(next and last thing to be replaced in my theater) The platform is nothing fancy, just a 3'x6'x3/4" piece of MDF wrapped in carpet with 6 vibration isolators attached underneath. Setup is simple. 12 gauge MONSTER speaker wire from amp to BK and split the sub out on your receiver using a MONSTER Y splitter. Well, for it's first use I put Independence Day thinking it would really test it. Never having used a thing like this, I set the knob for about half way and started the movie. Just me and my 7 year old son. The BK2 did not disapoint. I had to turn the dial down a little further as it was really rocking us. The whole thing went great for about 20 minutes. Then it stopped. I reset it and it lasted for another 2 minutes, stopped again. It kept stopping. I called the Kitammer company service dept and explained the problem, but over the phone we could not solve it. The gentleman I delt with was the best. He said to send the whole thing to them, amp and BK and he would test them at the shop. Turns out the safety trip in the amp was too sensitive so it kept tripping for no reason. He sent me a new tested amp and BK2. I hooked it up again and watched GHOST SHIP the other night. Worked the whole way through. I'm still a little nervous with the bad first experience but Marvin at Kitammer assured me I would be very happy. I can't say enough good things about the service I received, absolutely TOP NOTCH. From both Marvin and the girl/woman I first spoke to. Definetly the best I have ever dealt with. According to Marvin the problem with the amp was at this point unique. So, as long as it keeps working, the BK2 and the new amp are great. Maybe after I get my new seating with a second row, I'll add another BK since i can with this amp.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.