AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed a Buttkicker LFE in a Berk 12000? I don't mind making a custom bracket, just wondering if it will physically fit somewhere under the chair.

Steve

·
Registered
739 Posts
We were told by Berkline that the LFE would not fit in any of the import models (anything starting with a '1'). However, we have the 12000 on the floor here and a conversion kit from a domestic model. I will try to see if it will fit using the domestic kit (which will likely not work without modification) with both the LFE and the Mini, knowing that you would do something similar by making a bridge between the left and right metal rails using a piece of wood. I'll try to post later today if I get a few minutes to test it.

·
Vendor
3,534 Posts
Steve,

The only way you can fit the buttkicker LFE is by removing the transformer and placing it in a different location (back of the chair). You would need then to install the buttkicker in place where the transformer was. You would also possibly need to raise the chairs (replace the plastic feet with taller ones). We actually use a different buttkicker and install 8 to 12 rubber isolators on imported groups.

FYI: None of the Berkline kits will work with the imported groups.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Thanks, Roman. Assuming your chairs are power recline, that's the only way I could see the LFE fitting, also. There's just not enough room with the transformer. Are you mounting a bridge under the frame, Roman? Thus the need to elevate the chairs more?

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My chairs are power recline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsh /forum/post/16975595

Steve,

The only way you can fit the buttkicker LFE is by removing the transformer and placing it in a different location (back of the chair).

That doesn't seem too difficult. By back of the chair do you mean sitting behind the chair or mounted to the inside back? I would like to avoid having the transformers laying on the floor behind the chairs. It almost looks like it might fit in the arm cavity.

Quote:
You would also possibly need to raise the chairs (replace the plastic feet with taller ones).

How much would they need to be raised? Is that so the buttkicker doesn't doesn't touch the floor after the new mount is attached to the bottome of the frame?

Steve

1 - 12 of 12 Posts