AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm searching threads looking specifically for the recommened placement of Buttkickers other than under my chair leg.

Sorry if it has been posted..I've been reading for 2 days.

Two rows of Lazboy Matinee series HT seats 5 total.

I'm thinking of trying to achieve more impact by placing them inside the back of the chairs.

BUT.. how does that Move the chair ? under the chair..Moves the chair.

In the chair.. Can that still move, vibrate, etc.. ?

And.. Is "More is better" the rule here one per chair vs 2 per chair ?

Buttkicker vs Crowson ? Can Crowsons go inside a chair ? Any thoughts ?

I have never seen these units and have finished building a dedicated HT room

and sadly never thought of or heard of Buttkickers... seems to be loved by all who use them.

Wish I could find some in Ottawa, Canada ?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great thanks.. helpfull.

sounds like you don't need a lot of these for a 2 or 3 chair row set up.

However.. can anyone say whether you get Improved performance with having these in side the back of a chair VS Under a leg ?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was wondering if it mattered I mount the transducers upside down in my chair.??

I read sideways can increse distortion(very small amount) on the Buttkicker web site.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
I bought some Buttkickers a few years back thanks to an AVS Powerbuy as did another local member. He mounted his BK'er's indvidually in his chairs. I have two BK'ers shared among three chairs (same setup for two rows). He has to dial his down since the BK'ers really shake. You don't want the chair shaking so much that it be comes distracting. I have mine dialed down substantially as well. I have my BK'ers mounted between each chair on a customized strip of wood. The strip of wood sits on the Bk'er rubber isolation feet. The chair legs sit on the wood with the BK rubber isoloation feet directly below. I did a bit of research and found the BK'ers offered the best value for me (6 "shaken" chairs although the 2 unshaken chairs still get a bit of overflow) although it was more work rigging up it up.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow.. They are that powerful ? You gotta dial them down at 2 BK's for 3 chairs ?

Can anyone compare the performance difference to Crowson tes100 ?

All I can find is they are fast responsive.. maybe a little less shake, BUT, Crowson says they are not realler "shakers" more chair movers and offer a superior experience.

Absolutely Nothing here in Ottawa to look at.. But I'd be willing to pay more if I get more!

If I get NO feeedback I'll be getting the Buttkickers and not look back.

You'all know how it is.. research, more research.. performance.. value..etc..

Any Help is SO Much appreciated.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
I was looking at the Crowson's but it was cost prohibitive. I would need 6 of the Crowson's + at least 3 powerful stereo amps to drive them for each of the 6 affected chairs. They would have been much easier to install and have a sleeker look but could not justify the cost. With the Buttkickers, in the kit format - they come with an amp that can drive 4 Buttkickers and has many adjustments to refine the shake - gain, and low pass. I use two BKer amps as I need different adjustments for the 1st (on concrete) and 2nd rows (on a wooden riser).

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, the cost is more..but I'm at about 25K in my room so why stop now. :>/

I would spend the extra..If it is a better all around experience.

More accurate, quicker, Blends better with the sound and movie..

They say it is not just a shake.. but rolls, and hums, and thwumps.. harmoniously? with the movie in a subtle way that lets you forget your in a shaker system. but, rather just imersed in the action.

Good sales pitch eh ?

Got me sold...Visa in hand.

Good thing things are shut down for hollidays , gives me time to scroll the forums for info.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.