AVS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been search but not really finding any good posts on the difference between the different transducers. They vary a lot in price but all seem to review well. Are there any comparison threads?

·
Registered
573 Posts
I haven't seen any. I'm using the ones from parts express and very happy with them. I dont see why you would need more expensive ones because I have to turn mine down because they are too strong. Another factor is how much room you have. Some are larger than others.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I have two 1100 watt Buttkicker amps and 2 LFE transducers (in a loveseat). They are powerful and I seek that visceral tactile slam and that's what they deliver.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm sure the more expensive ones are better but you can't find a bad word about the cheaper ones either. I'm wondering if the law of diminishing return is in full effect here. Are the cheaper ones 90% as good as the expensive ones.

·
Registered
22,119 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68sting /forum/post/18292610

I'm sure the more expensive ones are better but you can't find a bad word about the cheaper ones either. I'm wondering if the law of diminishing return is in full effect here. Are the cheaper ones 90% as good as the expensive ones.

no. ime, there's no comparison between the cheapo aura shakers and something "good".

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
90%?

Where did you get these statistics?

It was a question and I was hoping someone could give the answer.

I do appreciate your feedback don't get me wrong. But it would be nice to hear it from a someone who doesn't sell buttkickers. I just can't find a single thread where someone has went from auras to buttkickers and went "wow what a difference".

Quote:
no. ime, there's no comparison between the cheapo aura shakers and something "good".

Thanks. Thats what I'm looking to hear.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I went from the Aura to Buttkickers and noticed an improvement.

The improvement isn't in sheer "volume" but more in the "accuracy."

It's hard to quantify but IMHO it's not unlike switching from HTIB speakers to mid-range. I think you'll also find the responsiveness to be improved as well as the full on/full off speed.

·
Registered
27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_m1010 /forum/post/18284889

I have two 1100 watt Buttkicker amps and 2 LFE transducers (in a loveseat). They are powerful and I seek that visceral tactile slam and that's what they deliver.

Why two BK amps? I would think one is more than adequate for 2 transducers. I guess this must be because the wife or gf wants less slam than you
(separate volume)...

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have a buttkicker question too. When the BKA300-4 is connected wirelessly does it output the lfe signal to its line out on the back ? Or is that just an output for when its connected with its line in ? If its the first case than is it possible to connect a subwoofer or a bka-1000 amp to the line out of the BKA300-4 ? And when the bka300-4 would be turned of with the remote than the sub connected to it would not receive any signal anymore ?

·
Registered
425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68sting /forum/post/18294489

It was a question and I was hoping someone could give the answer.

I do appreciate your feedback don't get me wrong. But it would be nice to hear it from a someone who doesn't sell buttkickers. I just can't find a single thread where someone has went from auras to buttkickers and went "wow what a difference".

Thanks. Thats what I'm looking to hear.

I went from under couch mounted Auras to Buttkickers via the couch mounting kit, when I went from a smallish love seat, to a large sectional. The auras didn't have enough juice for the larger funiture. At first I was very under whelmed with the buttkickers. The auras seemed much more accurate, and contrary to what most people say, faster. I actually grew to hate the buttkickers because they felt so detached. My experience with the auras, was that they worked seemlessly in with the soundtrack, while the kickers were noticeably off. I was able to remedy the situation by ditching the butkicker couch mounting kit, and mounting the kickers directly to the bottom of the sectionals via some screwed in 2 x 4's. Problem solved. They work great now, and have much more power than the auras. So depending on your situation, the auras may work for you, but the buttkickers are certainly a step up, as long as they're set up properly
Hope this helps.

·
Banned
2,244 Posts
Well, as I bought monoplex's aura shakers awhile ago ( among other things Howard sells me)AND I also own buttkickers, I feel I am qualified to say that the butt kickers are way more "in tune" (for lack of a better term) with the system than the aura's. the aura's are just "ok" but the BK system is truly a big step up...

Best,

Chris

·
Premium Member
7,399 Posts
I have owned many transducers as well as D-BOX systems. If I were to rank them in order of performance, here is how I would put them:

1. 3-Axis D-BOX

2. 2-Axis D-BOX

(HUGE Gap)

3. Crowson TES-100

4. Buttkicker

(Gap)

5. Clark Synthesis

6. Aura

there might be some other brands, but these are all that I have personal experience with - either owning them or spending some time with them listening to familiar programming. The Clark would be on the other side of the gap if you use a filter to remove the upper frequencies.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts